Author Topic: A long train of abuses.  (Read 1246 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
A long train of abuses.
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
I am trying to catalogue all the ways the the Northeast Media-Political complex and the President in particular has made life hard for those of us out here in flyover country. Specific quotes, regs or legislation. Stuff like shutting down gulf drilling after Sunset Horizon, the attempt to keep SC from getting the Boeing plant, the proposed EPA regs about dust on farms, the DoL's proposed regs about children working on farms. The bitter clingers comment. That kind of stuff.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: A long train of abuses.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »
Denying/delaying the Keystone Pipeline.

Erected a multitude of bureaucracies, and sent hither swarms of regulators to harrass our people, and eat out their substance
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
I need as many specifics, links, etc as you can get. I am making the case for the dissolution of the Republic, or at least the corrupt perversion it has become. I don't want to half-ass it.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »
This is what I whipped up really quickly this morning.

I am one of those who always encouraged gun owners to be open about what they owned and believed in the hopes that the gains in positive gun culture would overwhelm the negative liberal feedback. The funny thing is, those tactics seem to have worked. I personally have been responsible for getting about 10 people into guns, some of them fairly "serious" guns, in the last few years.

But our president has decided to curtail the culture of liberty and personal responsibility by executive fiat. He has decided to treat gun owners, and "red staters" in general, like second class citizens.

In the past four years, the president and his staff has openly worked to make life hard for us here in flyover country. Higher gasoline prices and goal prices have been intentionally structured, while nuclear energy is being regulated out of existence. Jobs in the gulf were eliminated after Sunset Horizon with the stroke of the EPA's pen. The Labor department tried to make it illegal for kids to work on their parents farms, while the EPA attempted to regulate how much dust farmers could put in the air from plowing a field. The National Labor Relations board acted in flagrant bias to keep "refugee" jobs coming to SC from union-ridden Oregon.

Perhaps most egregiously, Eric Holder's Justice Department, in the perhaps the worst documented perversion of that name, allowed hundreds of firearms to be illegally walked to Mexico in order to make a case for gun control, specifically on semi automatic long arms. The boldness and evil represented by this action should not be underestimated, nor should its intentionality. Fast and Furious was specifically designed with no other goal in mind than to deprive you of your right to military parity in your arms.

This same intention has been reflected in the days since Sandy Hook, where the people of the United States have been asked to believe, again by fiat and without evidence from the Northeast Media-Political Complex, that an "assault weapon" was used to to slay the children of that school. The apparent inconsistencies in the "official" story about Sandy Hook are well documented elsewhere, but one does not need to consider them to wonder at the sheer volume of cries from the uneducated (about guns) liberal elite asking for a unilateral ban on weapons. Again, this outcry seems to be suspiciously targeted towards so called "assault weapons" which rest behind a cultural panel labelled "IN CASE OF TYRANNY, BREAK GLASS."

This should not surprise anyone. Our president has signaled his disdain for the conservative working classes that inhabited the vast "red" areas on his campaign strategy map, whom he attempted to marginalize as unemployed, angry rednecks, bitterly clinging to their guns and religion. His associations before and since being elected are exclusively hard core progressive, communist sympathizers, intellectuals or bureaucratic thugs by turn.

The gains which guns owners have made by peaceful activism and legislation will be rolled back in part today by a tyrant's pen. Argument and debate is now moot. Stop posting pro-gun pictures on facebook. If you have pictures of you or your guns on the internet, sanitize them immediately (you may not be able to remove them from cached files, but why make a potential threat's job easy?). If you have friends who are not people of the gun, do not discuss guns with them.

Whether the current political inclinations descend into violence, soon or in the future, remains to be seen and is not something I wish to speculate on. It is apparent enough that the President and his lackeys in DC despise your way of life, are actively working to sabotage it, and are attempting to remove your way to defend yourself both by murderous deceit and by dancing on the graves of children. Decide for yourself whether they are willing to forcibly disarm you and prepare accordingly.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
unemployed, angry rednecks, bitterly clinging to their guns and religion.

Just for the record, I have a job.  :P

Okay, here's one: in the nearby Almost-A-Ghost-Town, the owners of large historical buildings are prevented from renovating them and opening them as new and interesting businesses, because the frontier era structures do not conform to ADA and doing so would destroy the historical value.  :facepalm:

=(

The gains which guns owners have made by peaceful activism and legislation will be rolled back in part today by a tyrant's pen. Argument and debate is now moot. Stop posting pro-gun pictures on facebook. If you have pictures of you or your guns on the internet, sanitize them immediately (you may not be able to remove them from cached files, but why make a potential threat's job easy?). If you have friends who are not people of the gun, do not discuss guns with them.

I'm not going to stop open carrying.  In fact I may be even more flagrant about it  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
Ethanol from corn in fuel.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
Do you mean Deepwater Horizon?
Look, tiny text!

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks most of those are pretty lame? Not that I wanted any type of gun control.
Most mean nothing to me or I think most people. A few of the mental health one have some scary over reaching wording but thats about it.
Any talk from any congress critters about overturning any of them?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:38 AM »
Do you mean Deepwater Horizon?

Yeah I don't know how I got Sunset Horizon out that. Half right anyways.