Author Topic: When is a doctor not a doctor?  (Read 4052 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
When is a doctor not a doctor?
« on: September 24, 2023, 12:54:44 AM »
A: When she's in California. (Where else?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2kpTjVfSgI
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: When is a doctor not a doctor?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 07:34:40 AM »
I wonder if California allows Albert Einstein to be referred to as Dr. Einstein, even posthumously?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 07:40:57 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »
California is like an HOA that evolved into a state.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 08:13:05 AM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 08:15:33 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 08:16:35 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 08:19:25 AM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 12:49:28 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 02:14:09 PM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2023, 03:28:17 PM »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 10:34:46 PM »

Tom Baker, the most prolific of ALL the Doctors.

David Tennant.  One piece of interesting history about Tennant is that his wife is the daughter of former Dr., Peter Davison (Dr. #4).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 10:35:34 PM »
Peter Capaldi
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2023, 10:37:00 PM »
Jodie Whittaker

Even Dr. Who went "gender-bender".

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2023, 08:01:14 AM »
I liked Jodi Whittaker as Dr. Who.

But, if you're pissed off that Dr. Who was a woman last series, be prepared to get your rage on with the next doctor...

Ncuti Gatwa
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2023, 08:10:09 AM »
Didn't have a problem with Whittaker. What POed me was the god awful woke writing and canon rewrites in the name of wokeness that started about halfway thorough the Capaldi run, the series became insufferable from there on. Not even Tom Baker couldn have saved it from that point.
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2023, 05:07:37 PM »
I liked Jodi Whittaker as Dr. Who.

But, if you're pissed off that Dr. Who was a woman last series, be prepared to get your rage on with the next doctor...

Ncuti Gatwa

Good grief !!  :facepalm:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2023, 08:11:45 AM »
Maybe they just want viewers to start rooting for the Daleks - sometimes things like that happen. (Only a couple of episodes in, I started rooting for the zombies in Fear the Walking Dead. And stopped watching entirely midway through the first short season.)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »
Didn't have a problem with Whittaker. What POed me was the god awful woke writing and canon rewrites in the name of wokeness that started about halfway thorough the Capaldi run, the series became insufferable from there on. Not even Tom Baker couldn have saved it from that point.
Yep, that is what I hear from Dr. Who fans.  They generally thought Whittaker was a terrible actor and "Dr.", but it was the show writing and rewriting Dr. Who's origin that ticked them off.  I believe ratings shows people aren't watching.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2023, 10:42:48 AM »
Yep, that is what I hear from Dr. Who fans.  They generally thought Whittaker was a terrible actor and "Dr.", but it was the show writing and rewriting Dr. Who's origin that ticked them off.  I believe ratings shows people aren't watching.

Good actor or not she never had a chance with the scripts they were coming out with. Capaldi made a fine Dr. but when the writing took a nose dive about midway through his run it drug him down with it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2023, 10:45:26 AM »
I'm a Dr. Who fan from way back, and I didn't watch any of the Whitakker seasons, because the writing had gone to crap by the end of Capaldi, and I just wasn't interested any more.  Internet lore is it kept heading in the same direction after I checked out.

On the OP, do you think CA let's the First Lady call herself "Doctor"?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 11:05:01 AM »
Jodie Whittaker

Even Dr. Who went "gender-bender".

Much to my surprise I thought Whittaker did just fine as the Doctor, but her writing was terrible.  "Missy", on the other hand had great writing, so that character worked.  I thought she was one of the best iterations of the Master.  I watched quite a few of the Whittaker-era episodes but lost interest because the writing was so bad.  (The writers lost their minds during the last half of Capaldi's run)  I don't like being beat over the head with their woke-stick, plus making the Doctor an immortal was a terrible twist.  And the new Master was interesting for one or two appearances but quickly became just annoying.  The whole show became just annoying.

"It's good, though..."