Main Forums > Politics

Gun Control Advocates Introduce 'Microstamping' Bill (for all USA)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Manedwolf:

--- Quote from: Silver Bullet on February 18, 2008, 05:43:40 AM ---If this passes, I'll have to be collect all my spent cases at the range.  Otherwise, someone could scoop up a dozen of my cases and sprinkle them around at their next crime scene.

Only if you bought a brand-new microstamped gun, and failed to have an accident with a file and the firing pin when cleaning it. Why would you do that?

My favorite SIG and HK are each about 15-20 years old but were well taken are of, and will likely last for a century or more if well taken care of. I think I'll keep shooting and carrying them, thanks.

Not that I think this has a chance in hell of passing, but microstamping isn't the actual aim. It's the fact that if it passed, they'd have to immediately follow with a ban on the sale of used or imported handguns to "prevent crime with unstamped guns". That's what they're counting on. Just watch in CA, because that's what will come next there. Their aim is to get handguns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens through attrition by banning the sale or transfer. Each succeeding generation will have to have their guns destroyed instead of passing them down.

That's what they want.

Desertdog:

--- Quote ---Everyone panicked when McCarthy introduced (again) her assault weapons ban.  It didnt go anywhere and neither will this.Don't bet on it.

--- Quote ---California's microstamping law, which is supposed to take effect in 2010, would require all semiautomatic pistols to have "microstamped identifiers" -- tiny internal markings that transfer themselves onto bullet cartridges fired from a gun. So the sales of semiautomatics pistols stops on the day it takes effect, and the sales of revolvers increases.

The Rabbi:

--- Quote from: Desertdog on February 18, 2008, 05:57:14 AM ---
--- Quote ---Everyone panicked when McCarthy introduced (again) her assault weapons ban.  It didnt go anywhere and neither will this.Don't bet on it.

I will.  I'll bet anyone this doesn't get to a floor vote before the election.

Desertdog:

--- Quote ---I will.  I'll bet anyone this doesn't get to a floor vote before the election.How about after the election?

The Rabbi:

--- Quote from: Desertdog on February 18, 2008, 06:20:21 AM ---
--- Quote ---I will.  I'll bet anyone this doesn't get to a floor vote before the election.How about after the election?
I think the bill would have to be reintroduced.
Too early to tell what will happen.  I will still bet it won't make a floor vote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version