Author Topic: Commercials worth watching  (Read 2013 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Commercials worth watching
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »
I generally can't stand commercials but sometimes one comes along that's actually worth watching. Not so much for the product itself but for the entertainment value.

FiberFix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SKrNUq22rk&feature=youtu.be

Purple Mattress Protector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNT2mBjLoTk

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Commercials worth watching
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
Amusing, yes.

Worth watching? Ummm ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
Purple Mattress Protector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNT2mBjLoTk

I tried watching that commercial once, but something about Ben Stiller speaking in a high falsetto is very off-putting to me. I can't listen for more than a few seconds. Not sure why.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:36 PM »
The best commercials are funny and unusual, but few of those people consider that we might end up seeing that commercial dozens of times before they stop showing it and we might just hate it a lot by the 27th time we see it.  That goes double for radio commercials.  I will change a channel or pause to later skip the commercials before I sit through a hated commercial.  I try not to watch live TV anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »
This is one of my favorite commercials - maybe because the main character, Stanley Johnson, reminds me of some people I've actually known.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_YAeXOSiw
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »

I tried watching that commercial once, but something about Ben Stiller speaking in a high falsetto is very off-putting to me. I can't listen for more than a few seconds. Not sure why.

Ben Stiller? The actor portraying Momsquatch is a guy named Noah Kershisnik.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:24 AM »
Ben Stiller? The actor portraying Momsquatch is a guy named Noah Kershisnik.

Brad

I know it's not Ben Stiller. Just sounds like him, and not in a good way.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
I thought the fiber fix was pretty funny. Unfortunately I had just taken a sip of water when the guy said "I should know, I was an accident." The good news is the water coming out my nose missed the keyboard.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
The guy in the fiber fix commercial and Goldilocks from the original Purple commercial are comediens on the show StudioC. It's all on YouTube and family safe and they're hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk