Author Topic: BOHICA  (Read 1809 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
BOHICA
« on: January 21, 2021, 08:20:02 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-drilling-interior/biden-administration-suspends-federal-oil-and-gas-permitting-idUSKBN29Q2N1

(Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration has temporarily suspended oil and gas permitting on federal lands and waters in the latest of a series of rapid-fire orders aimed at fighting climate change and tamping down the U.S. fossil fuel industry.

The order appeared to be a first step in delivering on newly sworn-in Biden’s campaign pledge to permanently ban new drilling on federal acreage. Federal leases account for close to 25% of the nation’s crude oil output, making them a big contributor to energy supply but also to America’s greenhouse gas emissions.

“This is a frack ban,” Anne Bradbury, chief executive of the drilling trade group American Exploration & Production Council, said in an interview. “Even just for 60 days, it’s a really aggressive move.”

Frack ban.

Frack Biden.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Andiron

• friend
Re: BOHICA
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:27:15 PM »
Here comes $4 diesel.

Gonna start smoking again at this rate.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:31:19 PM »
Here comes $4 diesel.

At least I won’t have to worry about being able to afford to get to work after I get laid off.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:04:58 PM »

Not after they ban tobacco products.  For your own good, of course.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:20:21 PM »

True.

Not like I could afford em' anyway,  have you seen the price of a pack of decent cigs?  *expletive deleted*it.  Been a while since I bought any.

At least I won’t have to worry about being able to afford to get to work after I get laid off.

You'll finally get to experience the fun lock down all the non essential types had....

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 09:39:54 PM »
Not after they ban tobacco products.  For your own good, of course.

I have several pounds of tobacco leaves that I bought years ago (from the Amish) when I had this stupid idea to roll my own cigars.  (stupid because I very seldom smoke cigars)  It's a dying folk art, and I'm a sucker for such things.  The tobacco should still be good, I just need to mist it with a little distilled water to soften it up.  That would make an awful lot of untaxed cigarettes.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 09:52:29 PM »
^^^I like to learn something every day: how does one store tobacco leaves? 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 09:57:37 PM »
^^^I like to learn something every day: how does one store tobacco leaves? 

I don't know how one should store them.  Mine are loosely wrapped in plastic in a cardboard box in my basement.
"It's good, though..."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 10:25:11 PM »

They will probably legalize weed, so you could just switch to that.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 10:40:01 PM »
They will probably legalize weed, so you could just switch to that.

Given that I'm not retarded, and hate the smell,  not happening.

I'm a true, blue, 'Murican alcoholic!  Bourbon is a fine poison, and there are enough delicious beers out there that I'll never see 195 again.    Probably worse than weed or ciggs, but nobody's perfect.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 11:18:01 PM »
You can do it all if you pace yourself.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 07:21:14 AM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again...

The US had the audacity to prove the Jesusbama wrong when he said that we can't drill our way to lower gasoline prices.

And for that we MUST be punished because we proved him wrong and didn't immediately switch over to magical fairy power.

I predict that by the end of Biden's term US oil production will have fallen by 50%, gasoline prices will be close to double what they are right now, and OPEC will once again have its foot firmly on our throats.

And the Democrats will celebrate because it's good for us all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »
Here is some encouraging news regarding drilling on federal land.  The big players are saying they have enough permits in hand to continue drilling on federal property for at least four more years, if not longer.  Biden's executive orders will have little effect on them.

"The seven companies that control half the federal supply onshore in the Lower 48 states have leases and permits in hand that could last years."

https://news.whatfinger.com/2021/01/22/big-u-s-oil-drillers/

The main worry is the smaller companies that do not have the financial resources to purchase and bank permits for later use like the big players.  They will be impacted the most by Biden's orders.

All of this does make me wonder however, if the Biden administration can legally revoke existing already issued permits to shut down drilling on federal lands.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 08:39:19 AM »
This and other stuff I cannot wait until some federal circuit judge that trump put in out in West Mule Lick, Idaho blocks an order. That’s how it works right?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 04:08:47 PM »
Here is some encouraging news regarding drilling on federal land.  The big players are saying they have enough permits in hand to continue drilling on federal property for at least four more years, if not longer.  Biden's executive orders will have little effect on them.

"The seven companies that control half the federal supply onshore in the Lower 48 states have leases and permits in hand that could last years."

https://news.whatfinger.com/2021/01/22/big-u-s-oil-drillers/

The main worry is the smaller companies that do not have the financial resources to purchase and bank permits for later use like the big players.  They will be impacted the most by Biden's orders.

All of this does make me wonder however, if the Biden administration can legally revoke existing already issued permits to shut down drilling on federal lands.

Sounds like it is perfect for killing off all the little and mid sized players in the game while leaving the giants with larger market shares.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:55 PM »
The other show will drop by summer when we find ourselves in another pointless war for a plot of sand because our defense industry is having a bad year or because our greatest ally needs us to destabilize another threat to them in their region.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 04:16:57 PM »
The other show will drop by summer when we find ourselves in another pointless war for a plot of sand because our defense industry is having a bad year or because our greatest ally needs us to destabilize another threat to them in their region.

Iran.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 04:21:17 PM »
Iran.

Syria, or maybe a nation building mission to Yemen.

take your pick.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 04:31:49 PM »

That premise is what makes me wonder how much of the Trump/Mattis falling out was due to Trump not wanting to get involved in another land war in Asia against the express wishes of the military industrial complex.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 04:44:05 PM »
Syria, or maybe a nation building mission to Yemen.

take your pick.

Those places have already been destabilized.  Iran hasn't.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 06:04:21 PM »
Biden sent troops back into Syria on day one. Why is the media not talking about it?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 06:05:14 PM »
Biden sent troops back into Syria on day one. Why is the media not talking about it?

They're really not talking about it. First I heard of it was from you. Did Hillary whisper in his ear, or pull his puppet strings?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 07:06:00 PM »

Same reason media didn't cover the story that our dod and dos were lying to Trump saying they had reduced troop levels as he ordered when they had not.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »

Citation please?  [tinfoil]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 07:39:33 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/just-like-good-old-days-joe-biden-invades-syria-convoy-us-troops-choppers-first-full-day-president/

A large convoy of U.S. military personnel headed into Syria on Thursday along with hundreds of troops some 24 hours after President Joe Biden took office and took on his commander-in-chief role, foreign media reported.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce