Author Topic: taking a road trip...  (Read 6860 times)

TMM

• friend
taking a road trip...
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:48:29 PM »
I am making plans to travel cross-country after i graduate high school, and i have started planning it out. however, i'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I'm looking through a book of travel destinations, but i'm sure they've missed some. any fantastic places i should go to?
Also, what sort of things would you suggest me to bring? obviously i'll bring tools, first aid kit, etc, but any ideas for something i might have missed? I'm concerned about what to wear in the desert, with the heat... i was thinking a longsleeve buttonup white shirt (cotton), thin tan slacks, and a straw hat. i hate shorts, and i think the longsleeves would protect me from the sun. i probably won't be encountering much cold weather, but i'll be prepared for that; however, i am not familiar with extreme desert heat.
so, any tools or gadgets i should bring? anything to keep in mind?

thanks,
~tmm

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: taking a road trip...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
A good GPS.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
A credit card with a high limit in case you get stuck somewhere and need to get home in a hurry.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
For desert (dry) heat - loose fitting light cotton.  Your thought process there is solid.  Sunscreen, and lots of it.

In general...

Have your car thoroughly serviced.  New belts a hoses, complete cooling system flush with a new thermostat, maybe even a water pump if your car has more than sixty or seventy thou on the clock.  Complete brake flush with new pads and rotors if needed.  Electrical - new battery, clean terminals, tight connections.  Full alignment.  New tires if yours have any appreciable wear.  Complete tuneup, whatever that entails for your particular car.  Being stranded in the middle of nowhere is NOT a good trip.  Don't forget to check your spare and make sure you have, and know how to operate, a jack.  Join AAA.

For your car kit start with a roll of paper towels, a couple of blankets, and a basic set of tools.  Nothing fancy but decent quality - think one of the SAE/Metric kits from Sears, Home Depot, or Lowes that have wrenches, sockets, hammer, pliers (regular, needle-nose, and locking), and a couple of screwdrivers.  That will give you the ability to accomplish most roadside repairs.

Spare fuses.  At least two in each size your car takes.

A multi-tool is also handy.  At the very least a pocket knife.

One flashlight in the tool kit, one in the glove box.  AA cell LED Maglites are perfect.  They are durable and will keep you hip-deep in photons for many hours.

Gloves.  Heavy leather ones.

An old coat.  I keep a generic brown WalMart one in my trunk.  Come in handy for lots of things.

A collapsable chair will come in mighty handy for meal stops or watching those beautiful desert sunsets. 

Water.  At least two gallons at all times.

A couple of large trash bags.  Heavy drum liners are best.

A roll of duct tape.

A med kit - analgesics (aspirin, Tylenol, etc), antibiotic, regular bandaids, bulk bandages, roll of tape, swabs, antihistamines, anti-diarrhea pills, anti-nausea pills, tweezers, and fingernail clippers.  A small tackle box works well to keep things together and out of the way.  A gallong freezer bag will do in a pinch.

As for places to go...

Don't know where you're headed, but there's always Carlsbad Caverns, Meteor Crater, and the Grand Canyon.  Just so happens that along that same stretch it a big chunk of Route 66 with plenty of R66 revivalist places to poke around.

Yellowstone.  Definitely Yellowstone.

Central and southwest Colorado is always fun.

Monument Valley.

Nothern California, Oregon, and Washington.  Beautiful.

The Ozarks and the Smokey Mountains - Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, etc.

Plenty of things to see and do, it's just a matter of finding them.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
I don't like cotton all that much myself.  I like synthetic wicking blends.  Look at some "travel" clothing.

Second the good GPS.  Cellphone of course.
Stash some money somewhere in your vehicle in case you get robbed.  Just enough for a couple nights in a hotel, food and phone calls.
Zion, Bryce, and Arches in Utah.  The Grand Canyon is overrated unless you do something cool like hike to the bottom or go to Havasaupi (spelling?).
Head to Texas and see the Alamo, San Antonio Riverwalk.
Maybe New Orleans...if you like sewers and public urination.
Go see Savannah Georgia, check out SC, and the OuterBanks of North Carolina.  See DC, including Arlington Cemetary and the Marine Museum. 
If you're so inclined head north to see NY, Boston, the Maine Coast...stuff like that.
Head Across through the ozarks.  Take some back roads in Arkansas and look for waterfalls and plunge pools.  My brother has some cool pictures from some cool places he went there.
Go up and see Yellowstone, Grand Teton. 
Go down the West coast.
Check out Yosemitie (spelling?) in California.
Basically you can turn that into a nice loop, no matter where you start.
The midwest is seriously boring, flat, and hot.  Skip that unless you're making a beeline for home.

The best thing you can bring is a reliable, good friend. 
Multi tools rock.  Keep it on your body.

Brad Johnson has a pretty good list IMHO.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
Um, where are you starting from?

TMM

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »
thanks much for you replies thusfar. i am starting from connecticut, and will be leaving July of this year. i think i will travel down south first, and make a loop back up to Vermont and stay there for the winter with my aunt and uncle, get a job for few months, then head back out west. i will be taking a friend of mine, who is into film and wants to make a documentary of it.

i've already started putting together various things for my truck. i have a toolbox with wrenches, pliers, rags, screwdrivers, pens, pencils, etc in it. i'm starting to collect medical stuff, gauze, tape, ibuprofen, bandages. got some road flares, two blankets. Case sheath knife, SAK (knockoff i think) two crappy flashlights, going to get another. multitool, knife, flashlight, notepad, cellphone stay on me. i've got a club for the steering wheel in real bad areas. tires are in good condition, they have many thousand more miles on them, and a spare too. truck came with a jack and jackhandles, i've got a wheel-chock. i was looking at the spare tire the other day, how the hell does it come off? can't figure it out.
going to get a billy club for quick, discreet protection.

~tmm

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:51:13 PM »
I don't know a lot about the NE, the only spot I found a must was Cooperstown, but like I said not a ton of experience.  Heading South, historical marks would be my ticket being a history buff and all.  I enjoyed Gettysburg (real humbling experience) and Washington DC is simply amazing (really liked the Korean and Jefferson monuments), the South Carolina coast, Amelia Island Florida, Miami Beach.

Cody Wyoming, Little Bighorn, Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Headwaters of the Mississippi (Nothern Minnesota), Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis, Devils Tower, Arches National Park, Zion, Tetons, Yellowstone, Southern Colorado.

Don't forget sleeping bags, pillows, personal care items,  a couple rolls of quarters, laundry detergent, a cooler, water jug, box of strike anywhere matches, tarp, duct tape, some parachute cord, small pointed shovel and a tow strap off the top of my head.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
A good rifle ( I'm partial to lever actions) or shotgun is never amiss in your toolbox or under the back seat.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
well, about the gun suggestion, i'll definately keep a sheath knife between the seats and a billy club nearby, but are there any laws about carrying a longgun over state lines?

work was slow today so i made a list of things to bring. i'll type it out in word and post it in a few.
~tmm

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
Can't go wrong with a CB. Or if you into it other radios and scanners. They can be amusing for hours on end.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

TMM

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
now, is a CB radio a standard 2-way radio or is it something else? i'm not very savvy with that at all.

ok, here's my list. please critique...

ROAD TRIP NEEDS

CLOTHING:
Rain:
2-piece rainsuit

Snow/cold weather:
Longsleeve flannel buttonup shirt
Down vest
Longjohn shirt and trousers
Coat
Neck & wrist warmers (fleece things that my aunt made for me)
Fleece & silk glove liners
Winter thinsulate gloves
Insulated pants
3-4 pair heavy socks
Knit hat

Hot weather:
Light, longsleeve, white buttonup shirt
Light, tan, slightly baggy slacks
Straw hat

Misc. clothing supplies:
3-4 pair light boot socks
7 pair underwear
3 black 3 white undershirts (Ts)
Fedora
Steel toed leather boots
Light jacket (casual sportsjacket or similar)

HEALTH & HYGIENE:
Teeth:
Small bottle Listerine
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Floss

Shave:
Double-edge razor and blades
Shaving soap & brush
Aftershave

Bathing:
Deodorant
Cologne
Comb
Swimsuit (for a stream, pond, etc)

Weather protection:
Chapstick
Lotion
Sunscreen

Misc. hygiene:
Mirror and washbasin that can be attached to side of truck when in use
Towel
Soap
Hand sanitizer
Toilet paper/wet wipes

SAFETY:
Billy club
Steering wheel club
Spare key attached to chassis
Pepper spray

MAINTAINANCE:
Of truck:
Extra Toyota brand oil filters
Spare Toyota brand brake pads and shoes
Extra spark plugs
Windshield washer fluid
Extra oil
Tire patch kit
12v air compressor
Spare fuses

Of tools:
Wd-40
Sharpening stone/Gatco sharpener
Strop

Of clothing:
Several needles
Strong thread
Obenaufs leather oil, heavy duty LP, and silicone water-repellent spray

TOOLBOX:
Socket wrench set
Box/open end wrench set
Pliers
 Screwdrivers
Knives, utility knife
Saw
Wire/bolt cutters
Safety wire
Ball hitch
Rope, bungee cords
Ratchet straps
Tow straps
Rags
Firestarters: lighters, matches, magnesium rod, Swedish firesteel
Flares
Hammer
Hacksaw
Files

Medikit:
Ibuprofen
Gauze & tape
Bandaids
Caffeine pills
Hydrogen peroxide

FOOD:
MREs
Bottles water
Army stove or similar
Stackable cookware &silverware
Salt, pepper, sugar, oil
Tea, coffee
Travel mug
Vitamins

MISC:
Blankets
Space blankets
Rain ponchos
Zip ties
Electrical &duct tape
Zip lock bags
Notebooks (pocket size &large) & pens
Laptop &charger (for writing)
35mm camera
35mm 25ex. B&W &color film
Books
~$100 cash, stashed
8x10 tarp
550 paracord
Gascan &funnel

~TMM

TMM

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »
oh, and a few questions...

what oil should my truck have for hot weather driving? it's an '01 Tacoma, inline 4. 10w-30 alright, or perhaps 10w-40?

any suggestions for a good, inexpensive stove for tailgate cooking?

how do you think i'd manage with bathroom stops and whatnot? say i'm out in the middle of nowhere, and got a phonecall from nature on line 2...?

~tmm

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
A CB radio is the 2 way type found just about stock in any vehicle with more than 4 wheels and many others.
Including mine. A decent one can be had for around a 100 bucks. Uniden makes nice ones. Get a magnetic antenna to slap on the roof also. They only operate at 4 watts of power so the range is not that far, depending on the conditions (flat or mountains) but a few miles most of the time. Most cops don't listen to the cb like they used to but some one might here you that can help you in some sort of situation.

10-10
msg received standing by
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
For when #2 is priority #1...

Get a tri-fold-type military issue E-tool, your favorite TP, hand sanitizer, and baby wipes (100% cotton ones are best, IMO).

1. Find some place where you can dig into the soil where you decide is right for doing your part of the nitrogen cycle.
2. Fully extend & tighten E-tool
3. Dig minimum 12"x12"x12" cat hole (I prefer 18" cube) for your "contribution."
4. Loosen your E-tool a bit, fold the blade over 90deg, and tighten back up so you have a pick-like instrument
5. Drop trou
6. Place butt-end of the handle on the ground adjacent to cat hole, with blade parallel to the earth.  Kinda like a classic hangman's scaffold.
7. Ever so carefully, sit down using only one cheek in line with the blade & make sure that cheeck is the one to the outside.  You want your other cheek to hang in the beeze over the cat hole.  Get the balance right so your feet are out a bit and your thighs are parallel to the ground.
8. Lay some cable/grunt out a loaf/drop a wet load/evacuate your bowel/whatever
9. Clean yourself up with the TP and a baby wipe
10. Use hand sanitizer to disinfect hands and a baby wipe to follow up
11. Get back on the road.

Ranger Joes stocks them:
http://www.rangerjoes.com/tool-military-p-2012.html
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 05:04:05 AM »
I bought a double burner stove from Walmart.  It is a knockoff brand, but alot like this coleman
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3657606
Are you going to be camping?  You didn't mention a tent that I saw.  If so, bring along an extra tarp you can make an a-frame or lean to with.  This will give you a place to sit outside of the tent but out of the rain and sun.

re: your laptop:  Alot of truck stops have WiFi these days, as well as Hotels, McDonald's, etc.  Good way to find campgrounds, check weather and road conditions, or stay in touch with loved ones.  You may need a credit card to access some of the wireless networks. 
Consider getting a prepaid Visa or Amex. 

Your truck supply list didn't have anti-freeze and water.  Carry a gallon of antifreeze, and 5 gallons of water.  You may need the water for yourself in a breakdown situation.

Security:
I didn't see a flashlight.  Let me suggest a small lantern + a flashlight.  If you're changing a tire on a backroad at night, the lantern will give you better light than a flashlight.  You might consider a small headlamp in addition. 
Never whip out your entire wad of cash.  Either use ATM's along the way, or if you're carrrying several hundred in walkin' around money, put only what you need into your front pocket.  This way when you go to pay, you're only paying with the minimum amount possible.  This keeps thieves from seeing you with a few hundred dollars.....

How are you tracking your expenses?  let me suggest you build a spreadsheet or keep a ledger.  When i was 19 I went on a week long road trip with two other guys.  One night in the strip club and we were suddenly broke.  Only thing that got us home was my CC.
Budget out what you think you are going to need per day, and how much you have to start. Track your expenses closely by keeping reciepts and tallying at the end of the day what you spent.
Sounds a little anal for a road trip, but it beats begging mommy for money when you're in the middle of BFE.

Don't call anyone "Good Buddy" on the CB.....it doesn't mean what it used to.
How are you carrying and securing all this gear?
I'm a big fan of the rubbermaid totes.  Stackable, rainproof, and they form a more or less flat surface other things can be laid on top of.  Great in a car, SUV or camper shell.  If your truck has an open bed, you'll want something you can lock and lock to the truck.  Thieves will steal anything.  An actionpacker can be locked, and with some creative drill work you can run a chain or cable through it.

I'll think of more later, but I'm off to the throne room now.

Jfruser's method of pooping works, but there's simpler ways out there.
http://www.quakekare.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=36
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TMM

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »
good idea on the shovel, added i to my list.

i don't plan on using my laptop for internet, in fact, i don't want to. i like to write, and want the laptop only for ease of writing and editing.
credit card or debit card is a must...
the cash will be in the truck, as a backup to what i have on me.

i have water on the list, under "food"...

i read that you suggested antifreeze and, to my embarrassment, i don't know what the hell it's for. i know there's brake fluid, washer fluid, ATF, steering fluid... is the antifreeze for the radiator, by method of elimination?

expense tracking is a fine idea. i have plenty of money, but i'll watch it carefully, and i plan on guesstimating how much i'll spend. i've always been careful with money.

the stuff will be held in various ways, whatever i find useful. toolbox, tackle box, travel bags, backpacks, etc. depends on what's in it, how often it has to be accessed, and if it needs to be moved or carried.

i will be driving an '01 toyota tacoma extended cab, and i'll be getting a cap for the back, and i'll put a futon back there as well.

~tmm

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 09:32:44 AM »
I forgot step 9 & 1/2: cover up your waste with the soil you dug outta the ground.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »
Careful on the billy club.  Those are illegal in many states.  A really sturdy walking stick or cane would be better.  Nothing illegal anywhere with those and the length is better as a defensive weapon.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »
I see no use for a CB, myself. A cellphone with a backup deactivated analog cellphone (will still call 911) is good enough for me.

As for bathroom, there's civilian version of the piddle packs used by the military. They unfold into a urninal and instantly gel liquids, and can be thrown away.

And as for rifles, hell YES there's laws about that, depending where you're going. If you went through MA with that, you'd be in jail for a year.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51:57 PM »
i read that you suggested antifreeze and, to my embarrassment, i don't know what the hell it's for. i know there's brake fluid, washer fluid, ATF, steering fluid... is the antifreeze for the radiator, by method of elimination?

expense tracking is a fine idea. i have plenty of money, but i'll watch it carefully, and i plan on guesstimating how much i'll spend. i've always been careful with money.

Yes it is.  The standard is 50% antifreeze, 50% water mixed.   Most radiators hold at least a gallon, if not more. (Actually, I just found a link that states that your Tacoma will hold 2 gallons for the I4, 2.5 for the V6.)  Carry a full gallon of antifreeze, and a full gallon jug of distilled water.  This will be your backup if you overheat.  If you do overheat, pull over, kill the engine (leave the key turned so that your electric fan can still work), and give it a rest for a bit.  Then pop the cap carefully and fill the radiator.

You'll know after your first few days what you're probably going to be spending and how close your guesstimate was.  Last cross country trip I estimated gas at $3 a gallon, and I was only off by $30 between my estimate and my actual fuel total. 

Make sure and lock your truck cap.  Also, at night you can pull the distributor wire to make your vehicle theft resistant.  Consult your owners manual.  Pull the master, not just one of the spark cables!

Ditch the billy club, it can be considered a weapon.  A young kid with hiking boots and a walking staff wouldn't be out of the normal throughout most of the country, though. 

Don't forget my recommendation for lighting.  You're going to want it along the way.

I've slept in the back of a few pickups over the years.  Great way to camp!
JD

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »
Mind you, different cars use different types of antifreeze. You'll want to get the correct kind.

Also, some cars, like Honda/Acura, you don't need to leave the key in. The secondary fan will keep running if the engine needs cooling.

If you're not familiar with under the hood, be very careful messing with the spark cables. If you put them back on out of sequence, well...let's just say you'd need a towtruck and possibly an engine rebuild.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »
My two cents...

I strongly recommend a D Cell Maglite for your trip.  They are extremely handy for doing stuff at night.  I carry the Surefire lithium light and the long running LED AA flashlight, but I keep coming back to my battered 3 D Cell Maglite.  I prefer a 3 D Cell, but 2D is exactly the right size to fit in a glove compartment.  Honestly, bring as many Maglites as you can find.  I usually travel with my 3D, maybe a 2D, a couple 2AAs, and maybe a AAA one scattered throughout my vehicle, my bags, and my person.  They are extremely handy and for $15 a pop you can't go wrong.

Being sure to bring a CREDIT card would be a good idea also.  I use my debit card for most stuff, but the credit card will come in handy if you have an unexpected large expense.  My friends took a road trip to Nevada a few years back and had to buy a used car along the way because the one they were driving gave out.  Stuff happens.

Tracking expenses is a great idea.  I started tracking mine while I was in Iraq last year with just a plain Excel spreadsheet.  Columns for date, who you paid, how much, and what for and you are good to go.  With all your electronic information it might be a good idea to back it up somehow.  If you are talking mostly writing, spreadsheets, and a reasonable number of digital pictures (did you bring a digital camera?  They are great for trips!) you could easily back it all up on a $25 USB Flash drive.

My philosophy is to keep the latrine issues simple.  If you have to pee, just pee on a tree or in the ditch.  You are a man, the world is your urinal.  If you have to go #2, dig a cat hole (as described) and squat over it.  I had to dig cat holes at basic and I never balanced myself on my E-tool.  That strikes me as a great way to get crap on you E-tool.  To each his own, I guess.

Desertwise, DRINK WATER.  That's all it takes.  I went through basic at Ft. Benning, Georgia in the middle of summer and what always got people was they didn't drink water.  If you are out in the heat and you don't drink water you will collapse.  It's called heat stroke.  And when I say collapse I mean you will pass out and fall down on your face.  I've seen it happen.  I made sure to drink plenty of water and I was never even dizzy the whole summer.  If you decide to hike the Grand Canyon or something, bring water.  A Nalgene water bottle or two would be a great idea.

Chuck Dye

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 07:41:47 PM »
Get off of the Interstate. 

Get off of the freeways where possible. 

Get lost when ever the possibility is interesting  (the BEST restaurant I have ever found, I stumbled into in Yokosuka.  It was the third place on the left.  To find the second best, get lost on Long Island, turn left, it is the fourth building on the right grin

If traveling in the summer, do not pass up a rural county fair, any rural county fair.  Get off of the midway and into the barns.  For that matter, take the time to participate in small town local functions where ever you find them.

Beware!  Truckers eat where we can park the truck, which ain't necessarily, or even likely, the best spot around.

If in sheep country, do not miss the Basque sheepherder hotels and their restaurants.  If you have the opportunity, dine with the residents and try to get them talking about the old days.  In fact, getting the mossbacks talking where ever you are can be a treat.  (90+ year old Montana cowboy, still working:  How..........come?...............I say..........how..........come.....................all......you.....fellas...........from ..........California...........all.........talk..........so..........gol...durn..........fast?)

Strings

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
Stock up on the TP: ALWAYS useful.

Another vote for ditching the billy club, and going with a cane. If asked why you have it, "my knee sometimes acts up".

Another suggestion: get numbers for folks on here that might be along your route. Such things can come in VERY handy!

And Huck is right: get lost as often as possible. In the next couple years, I'm planning on taking a summer off, and just going "for a trip". Take backroads, and decide what direction at intersections by Ye Olde Direction System:

1-spit in palm
2-smack fist into palm
3-follow spit

you find MUCH more interesting places that way!

Just do NOT forget to bring plenty of TP...