Author Topic: Just on NPR - Fewer speeding tickets being issued...  (Read 6907 times)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Re: Just on NPR - Fewer speeding tickets being issued...
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »
Our tax dollars should not be funding NPR.

Thats not quite true.
Most of NPR's money comes from membership dues.  Now federal funding does go to some remote, rural stations to help keep them running, and those stations are often one of a tiny number of broadcasters in the area.

Having said that, NPR is one of the more balanced news sources out there.  You'd know that if you listened.  When they do have bias, their bias is evident and plain, unlike most other news sources out there.

I'm a member, and you should be, too.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:15 AM »

Thats not quite true.
Most of NPR's money comes from membership dues.  Now federal funding does go to some remote, rural stations to help keep them running, and those stations are often one of a tiny number of broadcasters in the area.

Having said that, NPR is one of the more balanced news sources out there.  You'd know that if you listened.  When they do have bias, their bias is evident and plain, unlike most other news sources out there.

No, NHPR is so damned left I'm surprised there's not only a single audio channel.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »

Thats not quite true.

No, NHPR is so damned left I'm surprised there's not only a single audio channel.

Do you actually listen to it?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »

Thats not quite true.

Do you actually listen to it?

When it's unfortunately been on someplace I am waiting, yes.

don

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »
the NPR station in Nashville is a bit left of center,but they allow opposing views. If they have a left winger on they will also generally have a right winger on also.