Author Topic: Ok, what's the deal with locker rooms?  (Read 6843 times)

dm1333

• friend
Re: Ok, what's the deal with locker rooms?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
I have no REAL idea why, but it's true. Old guys at the Y like to stand around buck naked and talk, often with one leg up on the bench.

Ugghh!  We have the same problem with the gym where I work out.  A bunch of the guys at work have complained to the gym management but if the stories from the ladies at work are true the womens locker room is way worse.  I always attributed this to being in NORCAL but evidently I was wrong.   :laugh:

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »
I have no REAL idea why, but it's true. Old guys at the Y like to stand around buck naked and talk, often with one leg up on the bench.
It is also rather annoying when they wander about the room, going to the sinks, putting a leg up on the counter so they can use the blowdrier on their anus/perineum/testicle area, coming up to me as I'm retrieving something off the floor and engaging me in conversation while their boy parts are a foot from my face etc.

Linked to avoid copyright infringement: http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/minor_differences2/7.png

Pane from this comic: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/minor_differences2

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »
I think it's both, and that's my theory.

Although one other thing. As you age, your connective tissue breaks down, stretches, things begin to sag...

And uh... because of the help of gravity and decrepitude, ONE part of the anatomy kinda/sorta benefits from this. (from a normal male insecurity perspective...) They may just be showing off.  :laugh:

I'd rather have my connective tissue.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 01:51:34 AM »
I would start going to the gym if they had Denise Richards in the shower.
This.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »
pain killers kill modesty? ??? i know they make me more talkative. :laugh: funny how talking not hurting has that effect.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
I thought I had permanently avoided this problem by never going to a gym, but lo and behold, at my current job I maintain and clean several campground bathrooms...a thankless duty...

People have no concept of modesty...I also have the sneaking suspicion that the old aholes who walk around for 30 minutes in the bathhouse scratching their junk are the same aholes who leave s*** volcanoes in the stalls for us to clean up.

We also catch people making the beast with two backs in the bathhouses. I don't know about any of ya'll, but a mildewey old state park bathroom is one of the last places in the world I'd consider remotely romantic.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:35:41 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

P5 Guy

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
So, how many of you have the nightmare where you are nekkid in public places other than a locker room?
Just asking?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
I've had that nightmare all my life.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
Let us theorize. As the nekkid-in-public dream is quite common, is there a cure? If we were all to make a naked outing, just once, acting out the dream in real life; would this nagging fear be dealt with and the subconscious cease nagging us about it?

Or is this subconscious nudity merely a metaphor for our fear that secret thoughts and feelings, hidden inadequacies, are certain to be exposed at some unforeseeable place and time? This is most probable, and casts grave doubts upon the efficacy of the proposed cure.

fistful is not responsible for any decisions made upon the basis of this musing, nor for the legal or social ramifications of same.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
Only once that I can recall. I was the guest of honor of some sort, and I'd apparently forgotten to bring pants.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
Oddly enough, in those dreams nobody ever seems to notice me, even though I'm naked.

Pretty much mirrors real life.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
Oddly enough, in those dreams nobody ever seems to notice me, even though I'm naked.

Pretty much mirrors real life.

Maybe you should try it in real life and see if they notice you....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

P5 Guy

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »
I had the dreams when I was a kid. They stopped when I hit high school and used the showers after gym class. I think the correlation between the two is not a coincidence. Us of the older generations have had more exposure to communal showering than the younger set.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
I had the dreams when I was a kid. They stopped when I hit high school and used the showers after gym class. I think the correlation between the two is not a coincidence. Us of the older generations have had more exposure to communal showering than the younger set.

A couple years in the military cured me of caring about being naked in front of other men.  Communal showers, toilets without stalls, troughs instead of urinals.... Of course, as I get older, I do enjoy a little privacy. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”