Author Topic: pilot clanks when he walks  (Read 6859 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: pilot clanks when he walks
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 08:05:26 AM »
Only stating that since they were wearing old desert camo.  Wasn't even chocolate chip and then their helmets were tan without covers.  And I saw one or two suppressed weapons in the group.

No yeah that part was perplexing.  I'd be surprised by SF guys youtubing it, but then again, everyone wants to be a star these days.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »
No yeah that part was perplexing.  I'd be surprised by SF guys youtubing it, but then again, everyone wants to be a star these days.
There's an SF vid out there where a guy is firing an old recoilless rifle, and is knocked on his backside when he does. They do put some stuff up.

I'm thinking they're SEALs, since I've seen a fair number pictures over the years with them wearing old camo. Or maybe this video is from the early 2000s?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
There's an SF vid out there where a guy is firing an old recoilless rifle, and is knocked on his backside when he does. They do put some stuff up.

I'm thinking they're SEALs, since I've seen a fair number pictures over the years with them wearing old camo. Or maybe this video is from the early 2000s?

That still doesn't explain the tan, uncovered helmets.  The standard issue Army helmet is OD green and then usually a camo cover over that.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »
That still doesn't explain the tan, uncovered helmets.  The standard issue Army helmet is OD green and then usually a camo cover over that.

Yeah I'm thinking SEALs as well. The Navy (well, as of 2007 when I left there) was still issuing three color pattern DCU's. Only the quirk with the helmets is thus: MICH/ACH (saw both in use in the video) covers aren't available in DCU. Solution: Spraypaint the helmet tan to match your uniform rather than leaving it OD or using the available ACU covers which will stand out as a huge "shoot-me-here."