Author Topic: New style M4's in use?  (Read 6846 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: New style M4's in use?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 06:18:53 AM »
Yep, for the photogs. I'm a little worn down by it, yes they go out on missions however the specwar guys know how to run a camera too for the dicier stuff. I figure 10% of the combat camera types end up in serious *expletive deleted*it, the rest have cool pics of them playing soldier. It's obvious by the look and fit of the gear/uniforms that they don't do this everyday. I guess it's me being a jerk, I know how alot of these kind of trainings look in person vs. how they look later in print.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:29 AM »
I still don't understand the draw of the shorter-than-a-M4 carbines.....with the dramatic loss in ballistic energy, why not go to a FN P90 or a submachine gun?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 06:59:11 AM »
I still don't understand the draw of the shorter-than-a-M4 carbines.....with the dramatic loss in ballistic energy, why not go to a FN P90 or a submachine gun?.....  =|

It is the military, quit trying to understand it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »

It's a cheap SMG that doesn't need new ammo, mags or training. In the very close quarters it was designed for it has plenty of energy.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »
It's a cheap SMG that doesn't need new ammo, mags or training. In the very close quarters it was designed for it has plenty of energy.

Oh sure, give him the educated answer. :laugh:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
It is the military, quit trying to understand it.

Oh yeah sure, where were you in 1994? You coulda saved me a lot of trouble figuring that out alone.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Just been booted off active duty.  Looking for a job or a better job. :laugh:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »

Yep.

Hell, the average Marine grunt PFC could give a full class on the platform.  The average non combat MOS Marine could get any layman up and running on one and achieving combat accurate hits.

I'm actually disappointed there aren't more of the 10" M4's in service.  My BIL is Air Farce public affairs. When he deployed last, he was issued a sidearm and standard M16A2 (carry handle, no optics, full butstock), which he had to lug around along with all of his other gear in the field.  My advice to him before he left was to never forgo the rifle, because if he needed it he'd really *expletive deleted*ing need it.  Luckily he never did.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”