Author Topic: Latest Obama Add  (Read 5413 times)

hoosier8

Latest Obama Add
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
Where it is spoken and says on the screen.

Barack Obama.  President.

There is an old saying the if you say something long enough and loud enough, it will become fact.  Might not be able to say it long enough but he has enough money to say it loud enough.

I see it as more of the same type arrogance from Barack that the people and pundits complain of, whether he means it as arrogance or not.

What do you think? 

EDIT:

OK, so I found one similar on YouTube and it ends with the same message.

http://www.youtube.com/v/armDwAQoxnQ&hl=en&fs=1

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Latest Obama Add
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »
What do you think?

I think this thread won't go very far, unless someone can provide more specific info about this ad you're talking about.  Can you give some specifics, or maybe look for it on his website, or on Youtube?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
Yeah, I'm not familiar with that ad, so I can't make much of a decision on it.  We'll need more info if we're to have a reasonable discussion.

By the way, welcome to APS.  What part of Indiana are you from?

ronnyreagan

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »
I remember seeing an add of his that ended this way. It didn't bother me. His policies are another matter, but I'm not going to be shocked by the fact that someone running to be president actually thinks they should be president. As far as this "arrogance" of his I keep hearing about... I think the same saying applies (say something long enough and loud enough, it will become fact.) I've heard a LOT more about it than I've actually seen.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
I think you need to learn to speal beattur. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
I will chime in to say that I do find "Barak Obama. President" a bit arrogant and offputting. Just like that faux presidential seal they came up with.

It does make it seem like they can't even stoop low enough to say "Barak Obama for President" and give at least lip-service to some humility before the electorate.

I've had a sense for awhile now that the American Left is irritated that they have to work at being in power. And their simplistic emotive reasoning that Left=welfare=charity=good and the collary: Right=greedy=evil is the root of it. The way the Obama campaign is playing out is just the latest manifestation of it.

I promise not to duck.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »
Its still less annoying than this endless "lets wait for the Veep pick text" that is dominating what US media we get over here (of course, whats even more annoying is the parade of PR gurus who claim this is a good idea from the Obama camp - it isnt, its both needless (its not as if once he picks the VP the story will die) and will no doubt cause the vast majority of people to lose interest before the end). 

I hope McCain announces his during the morning of the 29th, if anything it might demonstrate straightforwardness and a desire not to endlessly spin things like Obama is doing... I suppose all that all depends on whether Palin is a morning person, though...   grin grin
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24:18 PM »
I will chime in to say that I do find "Barak Obama. President" a bit arrogant and offputting. Just like that faux presidential seal they came up with.

It does make it seem like they can't even stoop low enough to say "Barak Obama for President" and give at least lip-service to some humility before the electorate.

If you've seen that language on his ads, can you tell the rest of us where to find it? 

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
Okay... sorry, wrong one.

here it is:

I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
Oh, OK.  Didn't see that he added the link.

I don't think it's arrogance so much as just dopiness.  But both words would describe Obama pretty well.  Or maybe Obama is more cocky than arrogant.  John Kerry still beats him in arrogance. 

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »
I'm hoping that Barry becomes the first black....

John Kerry.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

ronnyreagan

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
just dopiness

I can agree with that!
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
IMO, crap like that is why he is tied with McCain now.

It is sort of like his comments I heard today talking up the wonderful Chinese infrastructure and how it is so much better than ours.  I am sure a lot of his union supporters wouldn't appreciate that if they stopped to think about it.  Not to the mention him saying that business will want to move there because of that infrastructure; because they certainly wouldn't do so because he raised taxes on them or he imposed carbon emissions limits.  No, can't be that.

I don't know who his speech writers are, but they certainly could be better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »
MechAg, I think Marx and Mao may have written some of his material, in addition to Rosie O'Donnell and maybe Whoopi Goldberg and Sean Penn.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 03:52:21 AM »
AJ Dual, please don't do that again.

Yes, it's a Blazing Saddles reference, and I'm all for Blazing Saddles, but it has no place here or in this discussion.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »