Author Topic: Ted Cruz on the 2nd  (Read 4017 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Ted Cruz on the 2nd
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:08:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/YNRc9mJKYa4

"The Constitution trumps public opinion"

And people wonder why I support Cruz.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Ted Cruz on the 2nd
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »
That is a good answer.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »
Of the declared or potential candidates I think he is the best thus far. Rand Paul is going to be an attack ad lightning rod, Jeb Bush is a Bush and just picked up the friend of the devil endorsement, Christie, Trump are comedy acts best left in Atlantic city, and I haven't seen much really exciting from Rubio.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
I am glad to see Mr. Cruz embrace the Constitution and will be interested to see his support of other issues that have been proven to be Constitutional by various levels of State and Federal courts.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »
He's been very consistent on it. 
Desires to see the IRS abolished too. 

Rand probably lines up more with my beliefs than Cruz.  But Cruz is wwwaaaayyyyy closer to where I stand on pretty much everything than Jeb, Huckabee, etc.  This crop will suck and I probably won't even bother unless Rand or Cruz gets the nom.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
I am glad to see Mr. Cruz embrace the Constitution and will be interested to see his support of other issues that have been proven to be Constitutional by various levels of State and Federal courts.
"Proven"??

=|

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »
"Proven"??

=|

He wants Ted to think gay pseudo-marriage simply fabulous.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:51 PM »

Yay here we go again.
JD

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »
You know, it would be easy to make a drinking game out of the mentions of the GAG issues (God, Abortion, Gays) in this primary cycle. Except I don't want to die of alcohol poisoning
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
You know, it would be easy to make a drinking game out of the mentions of the GAG issues (God, Abortion, Gays) in this primary cycle. Except I don't want to die of alcohol poisoning

I almost have Archer's liver. I might give it a shot.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 12:06:23 PM »
Oh for *expletive deleted*s sake. Do we really need to get this one going down that road for no reason? For crying out loud the subject wasn't even breached for Cruz to support it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 01:40:33 PM »
Oh for *expletive deleted*s sake. Do we really need to get this one going down that road for no reason? For crying out loud the subject wasn't even breached for Cruz to support it.

Take your pissing and moaning to MillCreek. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »
Take your pissing and moaning to MillCreek. 
Or we could leave the topic for threads actually about the topic. That isn't even thread drift, thats a hard right over the cliff.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »
So, like ... Whaddaya think about Ted Cruz and the Second Amendment?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 05:27:28 PM »
Or we could leave the topic for threads actually about the topic. That isn't even thread drift, thats a hard right over the cliff.

Like a wrote, bring your whine to MillCreek, he already laid out the cheese.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 06:34:32 PM »
Odd, I see no mention of gay marriage in my post.  But then again, some here obviously devote much time and effort to the gays.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
Odd, I see no mention of gay marriage in my post.  But then again, some here obviously devote much time and effort to the gays.
Faaaaaaaaaaaabulous looking boogymen behind every post.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »

So, in the interest of clarity and civility, what were you referencing with your oblique comment?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »
So, in the interest of clarity and civility, what were you referencing with your oblique comment?

Wondering that myself.

I made the same assumption as rooster, an obvious reference to gay "marriage".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
Wondering that myself.

I made the same assumption as rooster, an obvious reference to gay "marriage".

Hey, in Millcreek's defense, he might also have been trying to steer the conversation to abortion.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »
Hey, in Millcreek's defense, he might also have been trying to steer the conversation to abortion.

Due to the heavy propaganda about the gayz we are bombarded with I suspect that is reason I defaulted to that issue when considering what his reference was regarding.

The abortion debate issue has hardly been in the news since the murderous abortion mill guys trial.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 08:45:24 AM »
The abortion debate issue has hardly been in the news since the murderous abortion mill guys trial.

Because it's a losing issue for the Dems.

Which is also why Ted Cruz's view of the Second Amendment won't get discussed. The media may WANT more gun control, but they know that if they were forced to defend that position they'd lose badly against even Senator Santorum, let alone Senator Cruz.

(See how I steered the conversation back on course?... I think I ought to be banned for such un-APS-like behavior.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
I think the oblique references are probably enough to put a fork in this one.
JD