Author Topic: G. Gordon Liddy dead at age 90  (Read 811 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
G. Gordon Liddy dead at age 90
« on: March 30, 2021, 09:56:57 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/us/g-gordon-liddy-dead.html

He was good in that episode of 'Miami Vice'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: G. Gordon Liddy dead at age 90
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »
I recall him from an episode of "AIRWOLF".   I wasn't much of a MIAMI VICE fan.    I liked him well enough from his old radio show. .... and he put out a snazzy calender too.  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:24:14 PM »
Another Liddy gone.   =(
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 09:30:04 AM »
"I'm a convicted felon and can't own guns. My wife, however, has one helluva collection".

RIP

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
Another Liddy gone.   =(

Dave did tell me on one of our adventures that they were related, he was a like a 3rd/4th cousin relation.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 01:54:30 PM »
Another Liddy gone.   =(

Man, I miss him.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 03:06:06 PM »
I recall him from an episode of "AIRWOLF".   I wasn't much of a MIAMI VICE fan.    I liked him well enough from his old radio show. .... and he put out a snazzy calender too.  =D

Airwolf episode - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0507133/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_20
As for his radio show, I used to listen to the station in this area and one of Liddy's cliche lines is a good one to remember - "Body armour doesn't cover everything."
  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 04:43:34 PM »
I listened to his radio show a little bit back in the 90's.  I don't remember him being on Airwolf, but I probably wasn't aware of who he was at that time. 

I recall once I was listening to his radio show and some shrill woman called in to read him the riot act over something.  He let he go on and on without saying anything in response.  After a couple minutes he finally cut her off and moved on.   I think he must have got up to use the restroom or get coffee knowing she wouldn't shut up or actually ask him to respond. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 02:35:21 AM »
Dave did tell me on one of our adventures that they were related, he was a like a 3rd/4th cousin relation.

He told me something like a great grand uncle.  Who knows.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 08:56:18 AM »
I listened to his radio show a little bit back in the 90's.  I don't remember him being on Airwolf, but I probably wasn't aware of who he was at that time. 

I recall once I was listening to his radio show and some shrill woman called in to read him the riot act over something.  He let he go on and on without saying anything in response.  After a couple minutes he finally cut her off and moved on.   I think he must have got up to use the restroom or get coffee knowing she wouldn't shut up or actually ask him to respond.

I liked his way of letting a caller rant a while then drilling down to his point.  On one show he had made a comment about the Catholic church not being qualified to offer an opinion on global warming (pre "climate change" time) after the Pope had made a political statement about it.  A caller told him he was wrong because he knew of a Nun who was qualified.  I believe it was his sister, but the caller said she had a degree in meteorology or something that would make her qualified.  In Liddy's concise and cutting style, he asked the caller "of which Diocese is she a Bishop?"  That's about as sharp a way of saying So What that I have ever heard.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.