Author Topic: Dog and Cocker Spaniel fans; dogs in need of a good home.  (Read 624 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Dog and Cocker Spaniel fans; dogs in need of a good home.
« on: May 23, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
My boss just asked me if I knew anybody who likes dogs or the breed in particular and would be willing to provide a home for one or more, with a financial endoument for the lifetime care of the dog or dogs.  One of his aquantences passed away a few days ago, was "comfortable" financially and she had set aside some funds to ensure her dogs care after she had shuffled off this mortal coil.  From the limited information I have, there may be three or four of the animals, all Spaniels and they can be seperated.  The animals are currently in Boulder Coloroado.    I do not know the age of the dogs, nor have I ever meet them so I cannot vouch for their character.  I'd take one myself, but I'll not subject a house full of cats to an unknown entity like that.

If interested,  post here, PM me on THR or email me.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Leatherneck

• friend
Dog and Cocker Spaniel fans; dogs in need of a good home.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 03:25:27 AM »
Cockers are interesting dogs. We rescued one from death row at the pound last year, and she's become an integral part of our family (including Leatherness and me, plus a Lab, a Doberman, and a cat that is sure he weighs 800 pounds and not 3#).

The only cocker experience I had previously was with a close-bred one we kept for a friend and which exhibited "Cocker rage." 99% of the time he was fine, but on two occasions he actually scared me away as I tried to get him off the bed/couch. He simply would not take "down" for an answer.

The current cocker exhibits no such tenedencies and enjoys being cute.

TC
TC
RT Refugee