Author Topic: Take the test: Feminist shenanigans or satire?  (Read 1503 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Take the test: Feminist shenanigans or satire?
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »
http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/04/take-the-test-feminist-shenanigans-or-satire/#mbl

Be sure to read the comments.

Had I know this was going to happen I would have set up a folding table and sold lemonade and Grl [sic] Scout cookies to the folks waiting in line to buy tickets to watch the fight.

For the record - I do not believe the one labled as fiction is merely the product of a fertile but warped mind.  http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-11-06/usc-trojans-new-mascot-horse-gladiator-tommy-traveler-basketball-men-women

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Take the test: Feminist shenanigans or satire?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
I know what it feels like to have a real life Husky look straight through you and to feel powerless, and to wonder if even the administration cannot ‘mess with them.’ And I know I am not alone.

WTF? What is that person smoking? Did the real life huskey hump her leg or something? Did she not know how to smack him on the nose with a newspaper and say "NO! Bad dog!"

OK, so I've been mauled (as in bitten, there was blood, even a few stiches) by a real life huskey... Twice... Anyhoo, being that I have actually been attacked by a real life huskey (pure bred even!) I can stand by my opinion that the new UCON huskey is very cute and does not appear aggressive or intimidating at all.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:44:33 PM »
An Alaskan Hussy can be pretty scary  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:52 PM »
BSL, I think she was talking about a UCONN basketball player she had met, not an actual dog.  Her statement makes more sense is understandable is still stupid that way.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
An Alaskan Hussy can be pretty scary  :lol:

Yeah, they are bitches arn't they.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:13:49 PM »
I totally got that wrong.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
I totally got that wrong.

Don't worry, I did too.

The trojan one actually seemed to be the closet to reasonable, but that's probably because a sane person thought it up...

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
Don't worry, I did too.

The trojan one actually seemed to be the closet to reasonable, but that's probably because a sane person thought it up...

Someone with a penetrating wit  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw that Husky story somewhere before.  ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »
WTF? What is that person smoking? Did the real life huskey hump her leg or something? Did she not know how to smack him on the nose with a newspaper and say "NO! Bad dog!"

:rofl: :rofl:
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.