Author Topic: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals  (Read 6410 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
I can tell you ours doesn't randomly switch. However, we do manually switch it fairly often as we play our record player through the Bluetooth input on the soundbar and wireless surround. (Yes, you read that right.)

Since we do switch the input at times, that may be a reason it won't randomly switch. Just keeping it on one input may cause the issue.

Not sure, but I have read up on two "common" issues with Samsung:

The soundbar issue  I stated above, and on their TVs (and both my last one and my new QLED do this) they occasionally randomly turn themselves on. On my old one, I would (maybe 3-4 times a year) come home from work to the TV on, or wake up at 0200 and think someone broke in.  :laugh:

On my new TV, it has so far only happened after I turn it off. And I don't mean like 5 seconds after I turn it off, which could be me double pressing the power button, it's more like 30 seconds.

Again though, I really like the sound quality of the Samsung soundbars, and I want another one for this TV. I'm just going to carefully research. Last time I bought it on Amazon. This time I might get one when Costco has them (they only seem to be in stock a few times a year) because then, even a year later, it's an easy return at my local Costco whether I bought it in the store or online.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
^^^The Samsung soundbar that we bought at Costco two years ago to go with the new Samsung TV has been flawless.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
My Samsung DVD player randomly turns on and opens the drawer.  Weird.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »
My Samsung DVD player randomly turns on and opens the drawer.  Weird.

</writes memo to NSA staffer tasked with your home to get it together>
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought