Author Topic: Climate Activists Shut Down DC Intersections  (Read 3272 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Climate Activists Shut Down DC Intersections
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:01:55 AM »
How much extra pollution did they cause creating a situation where everyone is sitting in their idling cars? Because I tell you what, just for spite, I wouldn't be shutting my car off. I might consider burning my spare tire.

Also, video about half way down is pretty funny. Protestors are screaming about how it's unsafe to tow a vehicle (that they were using to block an intersection) with someone laying on top of it. Climb down off the vehicle and it won't be unsafe, dumb dumb. I was pleasantly surprised to see the DC cops ignore them and tow the thing.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/09/23/take-that-evil-govt-man-footage-of-climate-change-activists-from-shutdowndc-will-surely-win-over-hearts-and-minds-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Climate Activists Shut Down DC Intersections
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »
That bee girl in the one video should be talking to the guy behind her in the crosswalk so she can learn some moves!!!  :)

bob

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:12:39 PM »
'Extinction Rebellion?'
Didn't Tom Clancy write a book about eco-whackos creating a biological weapon to wipe out every human who wasn't hand selected to receive a vaccine?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
'Extinction Rebellion?'
Didn't Tom Clancy write a book about eco-whackos creating a biological weapon to wipe out every human who wasn't hand selected to receive a vaccine?

Rainbow Six.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »
Didn't some state pass a law a couple of years ago removing liability from drivers who run over someone deliberately blocking a public road?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »
Didn't some state pass a law a couple of years ago removing liability from drivers who run over someone deliberately blocking a public road?

Whether on not some state did, you can be sure DC didn't.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
'Extinction Rebellion?'

Not the only one.   James Tiptree, Jr.   ""The Last Flight of Dr. Ain" in Warm Worlds and Otherwise" (Gaea worshiper spreads disease to kill everyone).   Also a subplot in Brad Lineweaver's Moon of Ice (evil genius plots to wipe out non-Aryans, probably looses interest).  And, come to think of it, Matt Ruff, Sewer, Gas and Electric (evil AI plots to wipe out humanity, test it by wiping out black africans).
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
These "activists" are so damn annoying. Thankfully I do not have to deal with them anymore!!

I have been to so many of these protests; more than many of the professional activists. I have arrested hundreds of these knuckleheads at the White House and other places in DC.

August 23, 2011 Margot Kidder was arrested at the WH protesting Keystone XL Pipeline. She was unhappy to be herded into the prisoner bus with the rest of the useful idiots, demanding special accommodations based on her status as a movie starlet! In the bus she went. She had to wait in the processing line with the rest of the peasants.

When her turn came to start processing, the first table was for identification. The officer asked for a name and if the arrestee had ID. Once that sheet was filled, the arrestee was herded to the property station to be divested of stuff.

At the ID table, Margot Kidder got snotty with the officer asking questions. I will never forget the exchange:

"What's your name?"

"What do you mean? You know who I am."

"No, what's your name?"

"Margot Kidder, you know, Lois Lane..... who the *expletive deleted*ck did you think I was?"

"Ummmm.... Sarah Palin."

Ms. Kidder/Lane/Palin was not pleased.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »
As a tangent, some of these people (and voters) actually think they're going to die in ten years, to the point of being hysterical.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/09/23/no-baby-youre-not-going-to-die-kamala-harris-tries-to-pull-a-supporter-back-from-the-edge/

Not to mention the way people have twisted up that Greta Thunberg kid. She's going to still be alive ten years from now and thirty years from now, and will likely be needing intense therapy.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
Greta has Asperger's, and you can see some of that in her mannerisms.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 10:27:49 PM »
Rainbow Six.

Clancy was *expletive deleted*ing clairvoyant.

As was Crichton with "State of Fear"
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »
Wow!

"For more than thirty years, the science has been crystal clear."

Sorry, Ms. Thunberg, but the science has not been crystal clear for thirty years. At least, not the science you're talking about. In fact, IIRC it was about thirty years ago that they were warning that a new ice age was coming -- then, almost overnight, instead of an ice age it became global warming. Then, when that didn't work either, it became "climate change."

And they're still cooking the books.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
^

The evidence for 400,000 years (not merely thirty years) is that there are wide  variations in global temperatures, some of them pretty regular, and sampling temps for only the past 200 years does not tell you anything.  Try a sample of 100,000 years --as a minimal sample size.

The major regular variations of about 80,000 years are what is crystal-clear even to the naked unsophisticated eyeball.  And, as pointed out, I personally recall predictions decades ago that we were heading into a new ice age. 

As I've said before, "It's your sample size.  Call me in 50,000 years and let me know how things look then."

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:13:35 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »
Wow!

"For more than thirty years, the science has been crystal clear."

Sorry, Ms. Thunberg, but the science has not been crystal clear for thirty years. At least, not the science you're talking about. In fact, IIRC it was about thirty years ago that they were warning that a new ice age was coming -- then, almost overnight, instead of an ice age it became global warming. Then, when that didn't work either, it became "climate change."

And they're still cooking the books.
When I was in school in the 80's, I remember being told about the global warming theory (along with Save the Whales and similar stuff).  There were people studying it who believed it was happening when they had no evidence whatsoever.  I don't remember the ice age thing.  I think that idea was from the 1970's. 

What is really amounts to is they haven't really come up with any new evidence in the last 20 years and I don't see their predictions getting any better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 10:22:19 AM »
And, as pointed out, I personally recall predictions decades ago that we were heading into a new ice age.

There was a Hollywood movie. by one of the major studios, about a coming ice age. I didn't see it and I don't remember the title, but I remember the trailer. It showed a scene in which a bunch of people had to go outdoors to get from one building to another. One of the protagonists warned everyone not to touch anything metal so, of course, somebody grabbed onto a metal handrail and his or her hand instantly froze to the metal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
There was a Hollywood movie. by one of the major studios, about a coming ice age. I didn't see it and I don't remember the title, but I remember the trailer. It showed a scene in which a bunch of people had to go outdoors to get from one building to another. One of the protagonists warned everyone not to touch anything metal so, of course, somebody grabbed onto a metal handrail and his or her hand instantly froze to the metal.

I'm sure there were a lot more, but I found one called "Quintet" that is about a bleak dystopian future with an ice age.

(You can describe a lot of 70's movies with "It was a movie about a bleak dystopian future with a ________ (Fill in the blank)")

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 10:32:08 AM »
They present statistical models as evidence.

When "scientists" started believing probabilities have ontology I don't know. ie probabilities don't actually exist and are only guesses at potential reality.

But continuing to call them scientists sure muddies the water on what is actually science.

For thirty years it's been crystal clear that "scientists" have been constructing models to influence and scare the public.

To date their models have accomplished their purpose, despite not agreeing with actual observed reality.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »
If they dropped the "true believer" nonsense and the political stunts, they could probably create some pretty accurate models, but those wouldn't scare anyone.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »
https://m.imgur.com/j9nizlM?r

I find the young propogandist girl to be a bit creepy.

Something is off with her.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
I find the young propogandist girl to be a bit creepy.

Something is off with her.

Yes. She's autistic1 and being manipulated by people for an agenda.

Here's a nice little primer about it:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/09/23/thread-offers-devastating-insight-into-why-the-lefts-weaponization-of-greta-thunberg-is-particularly-egregious/

1: This isn't me making a diagnosis. It is her own and her parent's own words. Also OCD as part of it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/09/23/thread-offers-devastating-insight-into-why-the-lefts-weaponization-of-greta-thunberg-is-particularly-egregious/

1: This isn't me making a diagnosis. It is her own and her parent's own words. Also OCD as part of it.

I read some interesting stuff about how her type of autism will "laser focus" a person on a particular thing, putting blinders on to anything else. That one thing must be solved at all costs. It was suggested that in a way, her parents and whoever else is manipulating her in effect "weaponized" her on this climate apocalypse stuff. Hence my earlier comment that at some point, after the world turns out to be ok, she will likely need some kind of therapy.

Imagine having parents that tell you not to bother going to school because the world will end before you're an adult.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 04:14:51 PM »

Then it's her parents that are creepy

Very sad story, didn't know that she was actually autistic.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »
There is a picture out there with Greta and her parents, all wearing Antifa t-shirts

Barack Obama