Author Topic: Climate Activists Shut Down DC Intersections  (Read 3273 times)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Climate Activists Shut Down DC Intersections
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »
There was a Hollywood movie. by one of the major studios, about a coming ice age. I didn't see it and I don't remember the title, but I remember the trailer. It showed a scene in which a bunch of people had to go outdoors to get from one building to another. One of the protagonists warned everyone not to touch anything metal so, of course, somebody grabbed onto a metal handrail and his or her hand instantly froze to the metal.

Couldn't find that particular clip, but I'm pretty sure this was the movie:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMmDsycHC0
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »
I think there was a movie with Chris Evans that was supposed to be a sort of sequel to Day After Tomorrow.  Snowpiercer.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_17
Never seen it, but it could be one also.

I can't think of any other ice age movies that would have a scene like that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 10:25:33 PM »
Plot sounds a little off. 

"Set in 2031, the entire world is frozen except for those aboard the Snowpiercer. For seventeen years, the world's survivors are on a train hurtling around the globe creating their own economy and class system. Led by Curtis (Chris Evans), a group of lower-class citizens living in squalor at the back of the train are determined to get to the front of the train and spread the wealth around. Each section of the train holds new surprises for the group who have to battle their way through. A revolution is underway."
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »
They present statistical models as evidence.

When "scientists" started believing probabilities have ontology I don't know. ie probabilities don't actually exist and are only guesses at potential reality.

But continuing to call them scientists sure muddies the water on what is actually science.

For thirty years it's been crystal clear that "scientists" have been constructing models to influence and scare the public.

To date their models have accomplished their purpose, despite not agreeing with actual observed reality.

You just defined radioactive decay in nuclear physics.  :laugh:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
Plot sounds a little off. 

"Set in 2031, the entire world is frozen except for those aboard the Snowpiercer. For seventeen years, the world's survivors are on a train hurtling around the globe creating their own economy and class system. Led by Curtis (Chris Evans), a group of lower-class citizens living in squalor at the back of the train are determined to get to the front of the train and spread the wealth around. Each section of the train holds new surprises for the group who have to battle their way through. A revolution is underway."

https://youtu.be/jEX52h1TvuA

A.I. ultimately ended in an iceage.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 11:05:47 PM »
Seen before, worth seeing again:

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:46 AM »
Couldn't find that particular clip, but I'm pretty sure this was the movie:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMmDsycHC0

Doesn't look familiar. I'm pretty sure the one I was thinking of predated this one by a couple of decades. I looked, but I couldn't find it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2019, 12:11:17 AM »
I think there was a movie with Chris Evans that was supposed to be a sort of sequel to Day After Tomorrow.  Snowpiercer.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_17
Never seen it, but it could be one also.

I can't think of any other ice age movies that would have a scene like that.

Snowpiercer is a strange flick, but it's not really a climate change flick.  More a dystopian class struggle flick.  There's an interesting theory out that it's a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory actually.

It's also not the flick you're thinking of, although there is a scene where a guys hand is frozen off as punishment.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2019, 10:12:26 AM »
Seen before, worth seeing again:

Awesome.  I stole it . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
^
It's been around for a while and this one is probably a dozen captures and revisions away from the original copyright (if any), so have at it.  Current Properties show:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sqqh7dBHpsg/TwVRMpb51qI/AAAAAAAAYFc/OHaSPxbk8N0/s1600/positive-proof-of-global-warming.jpg

You might use that URL instead of pasting the actual image.

Terry

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2019, 12:24:49 PM »
Snowpiercer is a strange flick, but it's not really a climate change flick.  More a dystopian class struggle flick.  There's an interesting theory out that it's a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory actually.

It's also not the flick you're thinking of, although there is a scene where a guys hand is frozen off as punishment.
I have never seen it.  I figured I would have trouble sticking with the story after reading the plot description.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/pennywise-now-frightening-children-with-presentation-on-climate-change
Pennywise Now Frightening Children With Presentation On Climate Change

“I don’t know what to tell them,” said climate change activist Horace Malone, “but the evil clown has a point. YOU’RE ALL GONNA DIE, CHILDREN! ALL OF YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

And the end quote:
Seven adult misfits have vowed to stop Pennywise, though. Decades ago, the clown had gone after them as children, though the presentation he frightened them with back then was on acid rain and a hole in the ozone layer.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »
Boy, and you guys chastise me for thread drifting. :rofl:

Tsk-tsk-tsk.

Terry

Pb

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 11:39:52 AM »
Babylon Bee is getting better and better!   =D

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
There was a Hollywood movie. by one of the major studios, about a coming ice age. I didn't see it and I don't remember the title, but I remember the trailer. It showed a scene in which a bunch of people had to go outdoors to get from one building to another. One of the protagonists warned everyone not to touch anything metal so, of course, somebody grabbed onto a metal handrail and his or her hand instantly froze to the metal.

This may not be the one you were thinking of, it was made for a half hour TV spot:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_861us8D9M
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 08:32:26 PM »
This may not be the one you were thinking of, it was made for a half hour TV spot:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_861us8D9M

No, what I have in mind was definitely a movie, not a "documentary." And I'm fairly certain that it was for the big screen, not a made-for-television movie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design