Author Topic: School Shooting at CT Elementary School  (Read 54176 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: School Shooting at CT Elementary School
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
According to Fox News the shooting was over in 3 minutes.  The police never had a chance to stop the psycho.

Interesting.

In maybe 3-5 minutes, yeah.

Remember the timed fire drills they used to do in elementary school?  Everyone was out of the building in 3-5 minutes.  And that's calm and orderly, once the bell starts ringing.

Now, what happens when the bad guy comes into the office first, and kills the people supposed to call 911?  Then goes through the rest of the campus, while everyone else is assuming the office called 911?

A 500 student school could be evacuated in 90 seconds or less, if the kids were taught that the sound of gunfire means GTFO, now.

:P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »
Fistul and roo_ster might appreciate this angle:

What is the ratio of active Christian school schooters, versus atheist/agnostic school shooters?

There are other options.  For instance, what's-his-name, the guy who shot Gabrielle Giffords and others, is said to have had a shrine to Santa Muerte.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
In maybe 3-5 minutes, yeah.

Remember the timed fire drills they used to do in elementary school?  Everyone was out of the building in 3-5 minutes.  And that's calm and orderly, once the bell starts ringing.

Now, what happens when the bad guy comes into the office first, and kills the people supposed to call 911?  Then goes through the rest of the campus, while everyone else is assuming the office called 911?

A 500 student school could be evacuated in 90 seconds or less, if the kids were taught that the sound of gunfire means GTFO, now.

If 853 people can get out of A PLANE in 78 seconds, from being seated N deep, and narrow aisles, to only a randomly selected and unknown half of the exits, IN COMPLETE DARKNESS, 500 kids can get out of a school damn fast.

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=1be26216-5f1f-4dea-a723-ccca4e5a232a

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
According to Fox News the shooting was over in 3 minutes.  The police never had a chance to stop the psycho.

i bet during those 3 minutes every teacher in the building were wishing they had a gun.  

i was watching cnn and pierce morgan was pointing to a picture with two hanguns and an ar-15ish rifle.  he kept pointing to the rifle and blathering about it being the reason so many people were killed.  i wonder if he will retract his statements now that we know it was in the car?

eta:  am i hearing correctly that the police are not allowing the parents to collect their deceased children?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:08:10 AM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
I've repeatedly told my schoolteacher wife that, in the event of this situation, she needs to lock the door, bust out the outside window, and evacuate her class & herself. She's pooh-poohed that suggestion in the past....I hope she reconsiders that now....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »

eta:  am i hearing correctly that the police are not allowing the parents to collect their deceased children?

Yes, that is correct. All of the deceased have been taken to the medical examiner's office. That is required for criminal investigations.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »

eta:  am i hearing correctly that the police are not allowing the parents to collect their deceased children?

Forensics and evidence.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
Also a "military vest" ban.

More piling on. IF the kid was wearing a ballistic vest (and I'll bet he wasn't), Connecticut state law already makes it illegal to wear personal body armor in the commission of a felony. Of course, it's also illegal to possess guns on school grounds, it's illegal to shoot people, it's illegal to kill people, it's illegal to steal guns from your (dead) mother, it's illegal to steal your dead mother's car ...

More laws are not the answer. But I agree, the politicians will inevitably see more draconian anti-gun laws as the answer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Yeah, that's a new trend I see coming out since the Aurora shooting. "LBE ='s Body Armor"....  ;/
I promise not to duck.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »
Yeah, that's a new trend I see coming out since the Aurora shooting. "LBE ='s Body Armor"....  ;/

Side effect: maybe idiots will think they have ballistic properties and will thus expose themselves more so CCW folks and cops can more easily take them out?  Imagine the north Hollywood robbery and how those perps behaved knowing they had ballistic vests on...now substitute same behavior, but non ballistic vest.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »
Side effect: maybe idiots will think they have ballistic properties and will thus expose themselves more so CCW folks and cops can more easily take them out?  Imagine the north Hollywood robbery and how those perps behaved knowing they had ballistic vests on...now substitute same behavior, but non ballistic vest.

Darwin will smile, innocent lives may be spared.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Lee

• friend
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
For those of you considering restricting firearms for the "mentally ill," are you also considering restricting their other fundamental rights?  Would you prevent them from having a computer, radio or TV?  Should they be prevented from voting? Can the police enter their home at any time for any reason?

Sounds good to me.  Review the history of the Columbine perps, the Giffords shooter, Colorado theatre shooter, this guy, and many others.  They destructive map they lay out in advance of these acts is very often very well known by people who are involved in their daily lives. They are mostly powerless to do anything about it.  I wonder how his guy's mom stored her guns?  She evidently knew that he was not right in the head.  Assuming they can't be helped in any other way, I'd be fine with every freedom they have being taken away. Perhaps forever.

What action would you propose if this were to become a daily occurrence? Let's say a thousand Kindergarden kids are shot to death every year...or five thousand?  How long do you think we could continue to keep gun freedoms in the US at that rate? What would you do then?  Why would you not do the same if it is 50 a year?

Something WILL happen - I'd prefer that responsible gun owners help drive that action.  If it doesn't involve a reasonable effort to keep guns out of the hands of the insane, then it will certainly involve keeping guns away from everyone. 

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »
And you trust the government to draw that line, and not bar me from owning firearms?

What about the shooters who DON'T  show any signs?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »

Not that schools couldn't stand to be improved, but I would place the blame on parents for their own children...not schools, the internet, TV, or whatnot.  A lot of the disturbed kids I used to work with were dealing with divorce, abuse, and all sorts of other parental antics.  The schools aren't equipped to deal with this level of messed up, nor should they have to.

And I would disagree.

It wasn't the parents who told my kids that they had special rights, that "grounding" was child abuse, that hollering at them was abuse, threatening to restrict privileges was abuse, and if we "upset" them we could be reported to the school and the authorities.

Big push on "child rights" which amounted to an abridgement of parental authority.  Oh, yeah, they wanted parents to be involved, as long as "involved" supported the school's policies and objectives.

The state inserted itself between the kids and parents, and yet they continue to blame the parents.

That's messed up.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »
What action would you propose if this were to become a daily occurrence? Let's say 32,000 people die in car crashes every year. How long do you think we could continue to keep car freedoms in the US at that rate? What would you do then?  Why would you not do the same if it is 50 a year?

What do you think of the slight change to your question?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

That guy in Aurora wasn't wearing body armor?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
That guy in Aurora wasn't wearing body armor?  ???

No, IIRC. He was wearing a "tactical vest" made out of nylon.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Yes, that is correct. All of the deceased have been taken to the medical examiner's office. That is required for criminal investigations.

i'm sorry, but i would have a big problem with that if it were my child. 
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

birdman

• friend
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »
Sounds good to me.  Review the history of the Columbine perps, the Giffords shooter, Colorado theatre shooter, this guy, and many others.  They destructive map they lay out in advance of these acts is very often very well known by people who are involved in their daily lives. They are mostly powerless to do anything about it.  I wonder how his guy's mom stored her guns?  She evidently knew that he was not right in the head.  Assuming they can't be helped in any other way, I'd be fine with every freedom they have being taken away. Perhaps forever.

What action would you propose if this were to become a daily occurrence? Let's say a thousand Kindergarden kids are shot to death every year...or five thousand?  How long do you think we could continue to keep gun freedoms in the US at that rate? What would you do then?  Why would you not do the same if it is 50 a year?

Something WILL happen - I'd prefer that responsible gun owners help drive that action.  If it doesn't involve a reasonable effort to keep guns out of the hands of the insane, then it will certainly involve keeping guns away from everyone. 

In 2008 ALONE 336 children ages 4-7 were killed in MVAs, nearly THREE times the number killed in homicides in the same year.

If you look at causes of death for ALL <15yr children for 2008, MVAs accounted for nearly twice the deaths as homicide.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »
Just now on Fox:

Former NYPD detective John Baeza tells the anchor that his solution to school shootings is to eliminate the gun free zones.   :O

The anchor, stunned, asks him if he means there should be armed guards at schools.  Baeza says that what he's talking about is letting any school staff or others to carry if they want.

Then the anchor asks if the staff should be allowed to use the evil boolits that allowed so many kids to be killed so quick.  Baeza says they should be allowed to use whatever they want.  That if the principal had been armed, she may have been able to stop the whole deal right off.

John Baeza for president!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

i'm sorry, but i would have a big problem with that if it were my child.

That is a pretty standard procedure in the case of medical examiner cases. I can't tell you how many times in the ER I have had to tell parents they can't see or touch their deceased child because he or she was a "crime scene" and had to be processed through the crime lab first. I think that causes nearly as much grief as the actual loss, not being able to hold their child and say goodbye.

bob

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
Just now on Fox:

Former NYPD detective John Baeza tells the anchor that his solution to school shootings is to eliminate the gun free zones.   :O

The anchor, stunned, asks him if he means there should be armed guards at schools.  Baeza says that what he's talking about is letting any school staff or others to carry if they want.

Then the anchor asks if the staff should be allowed to use the evil boolits that allowed so many kids to be killed so quick.  Baeza says they should be allowed to use whatever they want.  That if the principal had been armed, she may have been able to stop the whole deal right off.

John Baeza for president!

Jesus.

That was... unexpected.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
Jesus.

That was... unexpected.

No *expletive deleted*it!

I'm looking for a link to a video of the interview.  I need to see that I really saw what I thought I saw!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
Did you say NEW YORK PD?  :O Maybe this is why he is former.  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

cambeul41

• friend
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell