Author Topic: Freddy Gray, the fellow that they are destroying Baltimore for: His Rap Sheet  (Read 29714 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Well, I didn't figure he was walking from the seminary to go check on his grandmother. I don't think a mostly libertarian-ish board is going to agree that dying in police custody for being an undocumented pharmacist is just.  But that doesn't mean we can't shoot looters right? Because they need it too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
I don't think a mostly libertarian-ish board is going to agree that dying in police custody is just.  But that doesn't mean we can't shoot looters right? Because they need it too.

FTFY....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/freddy-grays-arrest-record-heres-the-rap-sheet-of-the-dude-theyre-destroying-baltimore-over/

Typical..............  

Arrests mean nothing - especially in a society where you can arrest a ham sandwich.

Conviction have not one damn thing to do with what may or may not have led up to Freddie's injuries while in police custody.

Most of the case law that we libertarian good, law-abiding citizens hold dear comes from what happened to somebody who was as guilty  as sin.  Were it not for the cops botching the case the folks behind what became case law/constitutional clarification would be behind bars.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/freddy-grays-arrest-record-heres-the-rap-sheet-of-the-dude-theyre-destroying-baltimore-over/

Typical..............  

Missing the part where he was arrested for having possession of a switchblade (not brandishing, just possession). Personally, I believe RKBA applies to knives as well and would characterize said charge as unconstitutional. Maryland disagrees, obviously.

There may or may not be video evidence of his arrest, for possession of a switchblade, that shows excessive use of force. The officers swore that he was taken without violence, and somehow magically suffered a medical emergency during transport. Because most routine transport can cause  "80% severed" spine, three fractured vertebrae, and injured larynx. So either he was walking around with said injuries, or he was killed via excessive use of force and the officers lied repeatedly in official documents.

Having spent time in Baltimore and have had some direct experiences with the Baltimore police... 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

zxcvbob

• friend
Perhaps they cuffed him and tossed him the back of the van, and then tried to "teach him a lesson" by taking hard turns and slamming on the brakes (etc) to bounce him against the walls.  I think it would be pretty easy to get a broken neck that way.
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
Sounds like the cops did something horrible.

No excuse for the riots though.

Hawkmoon

• friend
The thought comes to mind that the recent incidents may go a long way toward accomplishing what more civilized people have been trying to do for years: get the police to stop with the unnecessary roughness. The problem has been that civilized people address such abuses of authority in court, and the cops and the municipalities don't pay any penalty -- any settlement comes from insurance.

A few more incidents like Ferguson and Baltimore, and maybe some police departments will start to realize that actions have consequences.

Nah ... wishful thinking, at best.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
The thought comes to mind that the recent incidents may go a long way toward accomplishing what more civilized people have been trying to do for years: get the police to stop with the unnecessary roughness. The problem has been that civilized people address such abuses of authority in court, and the cops and the municipalities don't pay any penalty -- any settlement comes from insurance.

A few more incidents like Ferguson and Baltimore, and maybe some police departments will start to realize that actions have consequences.

Nah ... wishful thinking, at best.

What needs to happen?  Just a couple of cases (one probably won't do it) where you have a very suspicious police killing, followed by small peaceful protests, then the usual cover-up.  And then as soon as the case is closed (no finding of any wrongdoing, of course), the specific officers involved and maybe those who helped bury the investigation get assassinated.  Very professional, no collateral damage.  THAT would wake some people up, but it'll never happen.  It's more fun to burn neighborhoods and rob liquor stores.
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Missing the part where he was arrested for having possession of a switchblade (not brandishing, just possession).

MD considers any spring-assisted knife to be a switchblade.  http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-1/4-105/

I'm not sure where the law stands on locking blades.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It gets more interesting if all this is true
http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/breaking-freddy-gray-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:18:47 AM by scout26 »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends

I'm not really seeing where Brown getting dead after attacking a cop and Gray getting dead under what so far looks to be very questionable circumstances are the same thing.

What needs to happen is that rioters need to be taught the lesson that rioting has severe, life threatening consequences.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I've not been following the Gray story closely.  What's the evidence that police used unreasonable force? 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
I've not been following the Gray story closely.  What's the evidence that police used unreasonable force? 

Corpse with a broken neck.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Corpse with a broken neck.
That's all?  Nothing on how/when/why Gray was injured?  

Edit:  I understand that the cops found him in the back of the police van in bad shape.  They got him to a hospital, but maybe took too long.  But that's about all I know.

• friends
Well there is that pesky story about his spinal surgery prior to going walkabout

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:19:11 AM by scout26 »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Sounds like the cops did something horrible.

No excuse for the riots though.

Yes and yes. I fully support harsh punishments for bad cops as well as shooting looters on sight.

Isn't the operating theory that he was put unsecured into a van then brake checked causing him to slide head first into the divider and cause the injuries?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
That's all?  Nothing on how/when/why Gray was injured?  

Edit:  I understand that the cops found him in the back of the police van in bad shape.  They got him to a hospital, but maybe took too long.  But that's really all I know.

He was walking and talking when it started, when he got to the hospital he had a crushed larynx and 3 vertebrae were broken, spinal cord was 80% severed.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

• friends
Yes and yes. I fully support harsh punishments for bad cops as well as shooting looters on sight.

Isn't the operating theory that he was put unsecured into a van then brake checked causing him to slide head first into the divider and cause the injuries?

It's a charm city tradition
And he's not the first person hurt by a "rough ride"

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
What's weird about all this is that there seems to have been an immediate and prompt investigation that is supposed to concluded *Friday*. That seems fast to me. Not like Ferguson. Black Mayor and Black Chief. Maybe we wouldn't agree with their politics, up to and including the "Space to Destroy" comment. But let's be real here. There is minimal reason to even have a sporty protest, much less a riot.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend

Evidence or supposition?

• friends
The police. Commissioner has owned up to it
And video supports it

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Ok, so the police bounced him around in the van on the drive back to the station.

I had thought (not sure why) the story was that police used excessive force during the arrest, that they beat him to death during the arrest.  Death by broken neck doesn't fit with a beating during arrest, which is why I was skeptical.  But it seems that's not the case at all.

• friends
Oh there were claims by one witness that he was beat. They were not supported by autopsy results

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Does not matter if he was beat during arrest or not. When you seize someone you assume responsibility for their safety. Goes with the badge. If you can't handle that, Burger King is hiring.

The officers involved are responsible.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.