Author Topic: another "Oh, snap!" moment  (Read 1681 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
another "Oh, snap!" moment
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/19/george-stephanopoulos-sought-gun-control-debate-in/

George told Clinton (Bill, not the one in charge) that gun control will not work.

“As much as I hate to say it, the NRA is effective primarily because it is largely right when it claims that most gun control laws inconvenience and threaten the law-abiding while having little or no impact on violent crime or criminals,” wrote Jody Powell, the former Carter press aide.

“I support registration in principle,” the memo reads. “But two questions need to be asked. Are the people causing the problem going to comply voluntarily? If not, do you have a way to effectively enforce compliance? If the answer is ‘no’ in both cases, consider whether the benefits are worth making Bob Dole majority leader.

Just in time for the MSM to avoid discussing this with Hillary.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
Re: another "Oh, snap!" moment
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
The 5th amendment makes forcing criminals to comply with registration schemes unconstitutional in addition to impossible.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
The 5th amendment makes forcing criminals to comply with registration schemes unconstitutional in addition to impossible.

Stop being all logical and stuff, and channel the Anti-Mommies Demand Attention that this "news" deserves.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
“As much as I hate to say it, the NRA is effective primarily because it is largely right when it claims that most gun control laws inconvenience and threaten the law-abiding while having little or no impact on violent crime or criminals,” wrote Jody Powell, the former Carter press aide.

She hates to say it, eh? So why would she hate to say it? Is it just a matter of having to admit that she's been wrong to support gun control in the past? Or is it because this means she'll have to give up using crime-deterrence as an excuse to disarm the law-abiding, which was her actual goal?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »

She hates to say it, eh? So why would she hate to say it? Is it just a matter of having to admit that she's been wrong to support gun control in the past? Or is it because this means she'll have to give up using crime-deterrence as an excuse to disarm the law-abiding, which was her actual goal?

Jody is Joseph Powell.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:42 PM »
Young whippersnappers don't know who's who.  :old: LOL.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw