Author Topic: Just watched ffolkes starring Roger Moore and Tony Perkins.  (Read 504 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Great fun movie from 1979. I heartily recommend it.

ffolkes (note: the lack of a capital letter) is like the anti-Bond, which is why Moore took the part. Don't know how Perkins got singed on but he's great as the bad guy.

Some of the acting is a bit stiff but serviceable and the action scenes are low-key but well thought out.

The movie is less about action and more about thinking through problems and choosing proper tactics. So the action follows the thinking and so we don't need what we typically find in today's action-thriller movies. 

It didn't do well in first release and it was marketed poorly and it may have passed you by without your even knowing it was out there. And it obviously never got a sequel.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Just watched ffolkes starring Roger Moore and Tony Perkins.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:47 AM »
I believe I saw this years ago.  Didn't Moore's character either love cats ...or hate them?  I remember something about cats from that film ....but I don't recall exactly what.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Just watched ffolkes starring Roger Moore and Tony Perkins.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 12:31:56 AM »
Loved cats, hated women.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.