Author Topic: Gunbroker Data Breach? AMMO Inc. Announcement  (Read 507 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Gunbroker Data Breach? AMMO Inc. Announcement
« on: September 08, 2022, 02:22:38 PM »
AMMO Inc. Announce that Employees Have Been Placed on Administrative Leave
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/ammo-inc-announce-that-employees-have-been-placed-on-administrative-leave/?ct=t(RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN)

U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW, POWWP) (“AMMO” or the “Company”), the owner of GunBroker.com, the largest online marketplace serving the firearms and shooting sports industries, and a leading vertically integrated producer of high-performance ammunition and components, today announced that Steven Urvan, Chief Strategy Officer, and Susan Lokey, Chief Financial Officer of SpeedLight I, LLC d/b/a GunBroker.com, have been placed on administrative leave with immediate effect.

The Company has reason to believe that these individuals may have misappropriated the Company’s data and digital assets and transmitted that data to a third party controlled by Mr. Urvan and with which Ms. Lokey is associated. The Company commenced an internal investigation into the alleged misconduct several weeks ago. During the pendency of the investigation, these individuals will remain suspended from their duties.

They aren't saying what they did with the data.  My first thought was "data breach" or something political, but I guess there could be other reasons.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3880452-ammo-inc-drops-after-cfo-chief-strategy-officer-put-on-administrative-leave
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Gunbroker Data Breach? AMMO Inc. Announcement
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 02:27:55 PM »
[tinfoil] mode on

ATF and/or some anti-gun group

[tinfoil] mode off
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:29:52 PM »
My money is on the CFO and CSO being involved in a parallel business, using the GunBroker demographics to drum up a customer base.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 02:35:23 PM »
I agree with AZRedhawk. They were using the info to make money.

The ATF doesn't seem to have any trouble getting the Gunbroker info they need directly from the sellers.  Why bother with a data breech?

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 02:35:28 PM »
My money is on the CFO and CSO being involved in a parallel business, using the GunBroker demographics to drum up a customer base.
Lets hope thats the issue. Based on the quick, uh, 'dismissal', we can assume. Typically a security flaw or hack breach is swept under the rug for as long as possible.
7-11 was a part time job.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 02:39:48 PM »
Ammo Inc started as Jagemann Munitions about 10 miles from where I live. I know a few people that work there, the upper management suffers from cranial rectal insertion syndrome.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 01:29:33 PM »
I know several there too. Bedlamite is actually being overly polite in his assessment
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 01:49:32 PM »

DING! DING! DING!

That was my immediate guess, as well.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 03:53:08 PM »
The Chief Strategy Officer strategized that lifting the customer database and other intellectual property would make the founding of his competing company much smoother.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.