Author Topic: USPSA cheating scandal  (Read 1297 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
USPSA cheating scandal
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
A USPSA range officer was doctoring the stage times of various shooters.  He got busted for it.

Follow the link for an epic thread discussing it.  NSFW language; no images or audio.  Post #112 breaks it down.

http://doodieproject.invisionzone.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1758-huge-uspsa-cheating-scandal%2Fpage-6
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: USPSA cheating scandal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:16 AM »
Read this earlier today.... It's gonna be interesting....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:19 AM »
Wow, sometimes it doesn't feel like I've had my USPSA crap put away for ten years. Kids, let this be a lesson. Don't ever get married. Ever.

So with the passage of time I didn't immediately recognize WSD, but I shoulda. Paul Hendrix, shot a ton of matches with him in NC mostly. Great club, any monthly match with 4-6 GMs and at least as many Ms was going to push you up a level, at least for trying too hard. And Hendrix was one of those guys. At the time he was an M in Production and shot a Glock 19 as well as I've seen one shot.

So, so much for that shooting role model. Also troubling, IIRC he was a cop. I guess habitual lying is habitual.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:35 AM »
Anytime you get some kind of competition going some assclown is gonna find a way ttry and cheat.
I spent several years shooting IDPA and while I never saw anything I could label as cheating I did see a few things that made me raise an eyebrow now and then.too much cliqueish crap and attitude from the cops and "operators" soured me on the whole game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 07:49:12 AM »
"Give him a revolver. He seems to be into spinning things."

I'm not sure who he's talking about, but that's funny.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
Update: Paul Hendrix has resigned from the USPSA. He posted his resignation but still does not admit to any wrong-doing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
Update: Paul Hendrix has resigned from the USPSA. He posted his resignation but still does not admit to any wrong-doing.

Resigned?  Big deal.  I hope he is never again allowed to compete in sanctioned matches.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Resigned?  Big deal.  I hope he is never again allowed to compete in sanctioned matches.

I suspect that he resigned in the hope that would end the investigation and forestall disciplinary action. After all, he's a retired police officer. What do senior cops do when caught with their fingers in the cookie jar? They retire before they can be fired. Methinks the same philosophy carries over here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:06 PM »
I suspect that he resigned in the hope that would end the investigation and forestall disciplinary action. After all, he's a retired police officer. What do senior cops do when caught with their fingers in the cookie jar? They retire before they can be fired. Methinks the same philosophy carries over here.

Agreed.  Probably trying to avoid a lifetime ban so he can still shoot level I matches.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy