Author Topic: Lousy State Dept Training  (Read 1709 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Lousy State Dept Training
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:07:37 PM »
Only one in five State Dept employees with security clearances went through mandatory training. That includes initial, not just refreshers.

I find that extraordinary. While I think I didn't get the refresher training one year (because they didn't hold it), I would not have been allowed to get my clearance without the signed initial training documentation.

I wonder if they'll use this as another excuse for Clinton.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/27/fewer-than-one-in-five-state-dept-employees-with-security-clearance-completed-classified-info-training.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Lousy State Dept Training
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
That's not good (:duh:), but it doesn't help Clinton. She got the training and she signed for it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:31:34 AM »
I wonder if they'll use this as another excuse for Clinton.

So you're assuming it wasn't planned that way?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:58:35 AM »
Clinton was the boss for four years -- wasn't it her job (and Kerry's after her) to ensure that all employees received the training?

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:58:53 AM »
As Hawkmoon said her signature is on the training document.  But even if it wasn't, the fact that an agency (or its head) in charge of representing our country to the world uses their own incompetency as an excuse for mistakes would be laughable if it wasn't so serious a matter.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »
Folks wonder why I always hold a special seething hatred for the State Department. Let's see... Riddled with communists forever. Blatantly anti-American. Regularly screws over the US in treaties and negotiations. Incompetent. Overpaid and over-privileged, except for the poor bastards that actually do the work. Said poor bastards are usually left to die rather than offend host nation countries by implementing practical considerations. Take offense to the notion of providing any timely customer service. Are probably sad that as new technology is purchased because the old crap finally died, it's exceedingly faster.

I do admit, some of what they do isn't their fault. ITAR is properly Congress' cluster. That said, their implementation aren't always the best. Why hire a couple dozen more folks when you can just spend that equivalent of cash on a single mahogany table? Also, move State Department offices out of DC to somewhere more economiocal? lolno, why would we EVER do that?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
Why hire a couple dozen more folks when you can just spend that equivalent of cash on a single mahogany table?

Well, the table is likely to be smarter.

Also, move State Department offices out of DC to somewhere more economiocal? lolno, why would we EVER do that?

If DoJ had the guts to do anything, a fair chunk of it would be relocated to a Federal prison somewhere.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »
Also, move State Department offices out of DC to somewhere more economiocal? lolno, why would we EVER do that?

Because the rule of law and this federal republic is dead (although too stupid to fall over), so we've revert to the imperial model of everyone wanting to be a close to the throne as possible...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:15 AM »
" “Hanley was informed by DS (Department of State) that the briefing book and document should have never been in the suite,” the document said."

Uhm.... No, DS is not Department of State.

At State, DS means the Bureau of Diplomatic Security.

I've been a contractor at DOS (that's the proper acronym of Department of State) for over 5 years. If a contractor doesn't complete the mandatory training (it's date specific), there's a small grace period window, and then your system access is suspended.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

markdido

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »
That's not good (:duh:), but it doesn't help Clinton. She got the training and she signed for it.

She signed for it.

Doesn't mean she got it.

In the Navy, we called that gun decking.
Liberals believe that a woman, found raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is morally superior to a women with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
She signed for it.

Doesn't mean she got it.

In the Navy, we called that gun decking.

True. Not only true, but quite likely. But she's not likely to come out and admit that she signed for having received critically important training without having taken the training. This is one hot potato that's a no-win for HRC if Trump can play it correctly. (Which, of course, he can't.)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »
State just rolled out a very interestingly timed training video on maintaining email for federal records purposes...

Hummmmmmmmmm...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.