Author Topic: Risk II players?  (Read 2247 times)

Lee

• friend
Risk II players?
« on: October 21, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
I used to play the board game Risk all the time.  I just downloaded RiskII from Hasbro interactive.   Soldiers yelling, cannons booming, horses screaming, rifles cracking while soldiers reload their muzzleloaders.   What a hoot!  Unfortunately, it wasn't free....but it was worth the money.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Risk II players?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 05:25:15 PM »
"yelling, booming, screaming, cracking..."

I hear that every morning when I get out of bed.

Why do I want a game with the same thing?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 05:47:30 PM »
Getting old sucks. Tongue

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Risk II players?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 05:51:52 PM »
Yer time's coming, fat boy!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Lee

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 06:06:33 PM »
I didn't think you were married lol.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Risk II players?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 06:24:38 PM »
I'm not. I've abused my body unmercifully.

And, as of late, mtnbkr's daughter has been honing her "toddler-fu" skills on me and kicking my ass unmercifully.

MaterDei

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 03:20:36 AM »
Toddler-fu.  Heh

JAlexander

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 04:07:23 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
I'm not. I've abused my body unmercifully.

And, as of late, mtnbkr's daughter has been honing her "toddler-fu" skills on me and kicking my ass unmercifully.
Toddler-fu.  Is that the one where they fall under your feet and trip you so that you fall into the wall?  If so, my nephew's an expert.

James

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Risk II players?
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 05:49:05 AM »
No, no, this practitioner is an expert with head butts to my nose and jaw, slamming the pressure points in my neck and shoulder, and worst of all, delivering solid kicks to my crotch...

The kid's dangerous, but she's snowed her Mom and Dad into thinking she's a little angel...

Anyway, I've hijacked this thread without meaning to...

Lee, how much was Risk II? How long does a game take? I remember some games of Risk when I was a kid that went on for, literally, WEEKS.

Lee

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 06:02:22 AM »
I've only played the computer thus far, and that took about an hour.  You can set up a LAN with friends and I assume that could be a longer game.  The game itself was about $20, but I also had to buy a codec that was $15.

A review
http://reviews.macnn.com/reviews/risk2/risk2.phtml

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Risk II players?
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 06:19:36 AM »
Mike, try yoga.

Risk II?  Man, I used to love Risk as a kid.  Now it's computerized?  Geez, seems to me that stealing the soul of the game, but that's progress.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Risk II players?
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 06:24:52 AM »
I love yoga, especially peach yoga.

Dannon is the best.

Lee

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 09:16:26 AM »
"Geez, seems to me that stealing the soul of the game, but that's progress."

The thing I like about this, is that it pretty well captures the "soul of the game".  Risk was always a head game for me....more political strategy and fantasy than military.  Now I get to see the sights and hear some of the sounds of Napoleanic (sp?) battle.  One of my daughters has gotten into it, so we are competing for global domination.  We're having a ball.  Unlike the old days, I don't have to stay up all night and I'm not hung over in the morning.  I guess that is both good and bad in some ways LOL.

...has left the building.

Risk II players?
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 09:30:49 AM »
Risk + Drinking Shots + Friends = Fun. I didn't know they had Risk II for the computer.

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
Risk II players?
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 04:54:51 AM »
While I was in the Marines we played what we called Risk 2, we took a second Risk game and played it one of 2 ways;
The first was that the second board was a different planet and it could only be reached once a player got a full continent.  Once that was achieved the 2nd planet would be filled by said player with one army from said continent each turn, but the other players would achieve, thru espionage, "space flight" in order of strength on the 6th, 7th , 8th turns from the time the first player got it.
the second way was to put the 2 boards next to each other and play with a double wide single planet.  This could be altered by how we placed the board, the 4 options were side by side, top to top, top to bottom and bottom to bottom,  We used grease pencil to mark the lines of contact  because that wiped off after we were done.

We also played double board monopoly.  First go around one board then the other.  A monopoly consisted of the quantity needed for a single game.  Park Place on both boards made a monopoly, or 3 Light blues from either or both boards counted, Extra monopolies started when you had more than an original monopoly, Parkplace from both and Boardwalk from one.  Boy did the prices go up then.  We used the money from 4 sets and had a dedicated banker.  Utilities also worked, you could have 3 railroads on one board and 1 from the other giving you 4 which was a monopoly.  OBTW we marked one board and all of its properities with a Big red magic marker x
Brian
<><
:)

Lee

• friend
Risk II players?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 11:34:33 AM »
We made wooden ships for ours.  Everyone started out with one.  They could attack to and from any coastal country.  Made things alot more interesting....especially when they headed down to Madagascar or any other non- reinforced country while fully loaded.