Main Forums > The Roundtable

Are You Interested in Skydiving?

<< < (4/4)

RoadKingLarry:
Did a bungee jump way back in '92 at the Sturgis rally. The height was 180'. Kind of cool and a major adrenalin rush.
My rush was kind of spoiled though.
I was watching the guy that went next and they sort of bounced him off the ground, pretty well ruined his day.
He rebounded a good bit and just sort of hung there in the harness convulsing as they lowered him down.

fifth_column:

--- Quote from: RoadKingLarry on February 06, 2023, 09:16:10 PM ---Did a bungee jump way back in '92 at the Sturgis rally. The height was 180'. Kind of cool and a major adrenalin rush.
My rush was kind of spoiled though.
I was watching the guy that went next and they sort of bounced him off the ground, pretty well ruined his day.
He rebounded a good bit and just sort of hung there in the harness convulsing as they lowered him down.

--- End quote ---

You must have stretched the cord . . . .

I've done one tandem jump and loved it. I'd enjoy doing some really high jumps with lots of freefall, but I don't want to spend the time and money on getting there.

230RN:

--- Quote from: Boomhauer on February 05, 2023, 03:05:46 PM ---My cousin is big into it. She jumps every weekend with good weather and is a master parachutist.

I don’t think I’ve got what it takes to step off into space, I have a hard time forcing my body to do something my mind is screaming for me not to do.

--- End quote ---

How do you get to be a "master" at parachuting?  You fly up, you jump out, sooner or later you pop the chute, you drift down, you land.

Is it just an arbitrary number of jumps?  If so, I declare the arbitrary number to be zero.  Hey, I'm a Master Parachutist!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version