Author Topic: North Korea Photo Essay and Articles  (Read 949 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
North Korea Photo Essay and Articles
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Being as how we are still at war with (and have been for 60+ years) North Korea, it's always interesting to get to know your enemy.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/special-glimpse-inside-north-korea-1311548944-slideshow/

Two things struck me about the photo essay and the article about the "digital revolution" taking place.

1)  What is it with Communists and building every damn thing (including mutliple tens of stories skyscrapers) out of concrete?

2)  How long before the "best and brightest" figure out how to get around all the controls, etc. and make contact with and see the outside world.  Denying the populace contact and information is the only way that Communist regime can remain in power.  We've seen the power of Facebook and Twitter in the Middle East. Once people learn that they have been and are continuing to be fed a line of crap, they'll turn against the regime.  Right now the Nork's only know what TPTB want them to know.  When the regime falls (as it eventually will, it's simply unsustainable, unless Jimmy Carter keeps sending them food.) in this nation of xenophobic midgets, the results will be extremely ugly.  I predict a violent revolution, and extremely bloody.  Followed by a very, very difficult reunification.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: North Korea Photo Essay and Articles
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
As far as number 2 goes:
Either,
1.  There are no best and brightest because everyone is indoctrinated into being stupid from birth.
2.  The best and the brightest are quickly hired and bribed into helping oppress their fellow countryman.
3.  The best and the brightest are quickly "silenced."
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
Or, they could be like the Han Chinese and be as psychotically chauvinistic even when presented with the big, wide world.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »
My dad always said we should have carpet-bombed Vietnam with transistor radios, Big Macs, Cokes, and any other item of the decadent west we could push out the back of an airplane. I'm thinking he was right. Here, a bunch of little mini- helium balloons with 10lbs of rice, some canned meat, an I-phone and a solar charger would do wonders for crushing that band of misfit midgets. Put up towers near the border and on a few ships off-shore.  Of course we'd probably do what we always do when we encourage some oppressed group to freedom. As soon as they cried for help we'd ignore them while their masters slaughtered them. Well, start right anyway, put an MP-5 in each balloon too.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.