Author Topic: Faith in Hope and Change  (Read 2069 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Faith in Hope and Change
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:35:38 AM »
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/11/23/hot-seat-obama-job-plan/

Seems the only folks who believe Nobama can produce 2.5 million jobs out of thin air are the ones living in D.C.  The rest of the country has no faith in Nobama, even after voting for him.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: Faith in Hope and Change
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:23:32 AM »
Of course DC people would believe it.  Government is a growth industry. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:08:05 AM »
dc 41% no 38 % yes
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/11/23/hot-seat-obama-job-plan/

Seems the only folks who believe Nobama can produce 2.5 million jobs out of thin air are the ones living in D.C.  The rest of the country has no faith in Nobama, even after voting for him.

I'd edit the name you used for him. I'm not a mod, but this is an Armed Polite Society
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 07:50:12 AM »
Once he's done giving everyone health-care, education, a home, food, and a car out of the pockets of those that actually earned it, what are people even going to need jobs for anyways?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
Most people that I know that voted for him to put another party in the whitehouse, on teh basis of, "Doing the same thing and expecting differing results is insanity" explanation.

When the only two choices are, driving off of a cliff and backing up on the freeway, both choices are wrong.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
Most people that I know that voted for him to put another party in the whitehouse, on teh basis of, "Doing the same thing and expecting differing results is insanity" explanation.

When the only two choices are, driving off of a cliff and backing up on the freeway, both choices are wrong.

Indeed. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. 

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »

However, driving off a cliff places only you in jeopardy; backing up on the freeway places everyone else in jeopardy as well.

I see a handy analogy to the idea of government handouts; if you redistribute your own wealth until you are destitute, you starve.  If you elect a person to office who believes in redistribution of wealth, you give everyone the opportunity to starve.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 04:53:15 PM »
Indeed. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. 

And not choosing is allowing others to choose for you.   Pretending like there's some mystical third choice that is realistic and noble is an illusion.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »
And not choosing is allowing others to choose for you.   Pretending like there's some mystical third choice that is realistic and noble is an illusion.

And as long as people BELIEVE crap like that, it WILL be true.  Talk about your self-fulfilling prophecies... :rolleyes:

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »
"if you chose not to decide you still have made a choice"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

Sorry, I will not adopt this defeatist attitude that TPTB would like me to adopt.  I will vote for candidates and ballot measures that most closely mirror my political/economic philosophies.  I urge anyone else to do the same.  

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 07:49:39 PM »
There are a lot of places that don't allow third parties on the ballot unless they meet certain requirements and also places that don't allow for write in votes either.  Oklahoma is one of them that restricts both, not sure of all of the particulars.  But I only had three choices for President this year; McCain, Obama, or not vote.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!