Author Topic: Gun Company (H-S Precision) hires thug/murderer LON HORIUCHI as spokeperson  (Read 27424 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Gun Company (H-S Precision) hires thug/murderer LON HORIUCHI as spokeperson
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 03:52:08 PM »
I don't see anything mentally defective about that.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
Not only was she married to a gun nut, she is a person of religion.  Can't have that, can we?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
I see your point, casd, but don't entirely agree with it.

Near-lunatic fringe religious nutjobs, yes. But, he took his family to the real lunatic fringe nutjobs' church and didn't like it so he never went back. They may be birds of a feather in some ways but he didn't flock with them.

Dangerous criminals, no. He knew when the Feds showed up post-haste after the shotgun sale that it was a setup. The whole shitbag happened because the Feds were pissed that he didn't kowtow when they put his nuts in a wringer.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:10:44 PM by Uncle Bubba »
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
so you are trying to assert that he was unaware that the shotguns were illegal?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
Don't be deliberately obtuse. It's not entertaining to anyone but you.

I'll restate, since you are making an effort to not get it although several of us have pointed it out in different ways: Maybe he cut them down to the illegal length because he thought he was doing a small favor for an an acquaintance while also making a buck. Maybe he made a mistake in the length when he cut them. Maybe they were legal when cut and the Feds re-cut them so a case could be made. In any event, the whole deal was a set-up by the Feds of a man who wanted nothing to do with them, so much so that he'd moved his family to the boondocks to avoid them. But they were miffed that he wouldn't bend his knee when they told him to and had to show him who was Boss. Now do you get it, or should I use smaller words?
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• friends
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »
generally when someone answers a yes or no question with a paragraph they are trying to avoid an answer that leads where they don't want to go. is wife and kid died
don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
i think its a crying shame his wife and kid died.
and its a damn shame the government couldn't let him be. but as someone observed you will be judged by the company you keep. i admire him for not turning informant and i'll wager he wishes he hadn't allowed himself to be conned by the informant. but one truism i've observed is you can't con a truly honest man.  and weaver was no dummy  not too many green berets that aren't bright
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 12:35:17 AM »
Three Million Dollars.

Damages.

For wrongful death and stuff.

I think the point was made, regardless of any failure to prosecute.

I presume that whoever awarded that judgment had more facts at hand than I do.

I bow to their better informed opinion.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »
Three Million Dollars.

Damages.

For wrongful death and stuff.

I think the point was made, regardless of any failure to prosecute.

I presume that whoever awarded that judgment had more facts at hand than I do.

I bow to their better informed opinion.

$3.1 million, actually.  Randy Weaver got $100,000, each of the three surviving children got $1 mil.

And all of the original charges were dropped against Randy Weaver, save for missing his original court date.  Seems to me that the charges wouldn't have been dropped unless there was something seriously wrong with the foundations of the charges related to the short barrel shotguns.

In other words, either he was entrapped or he didn't actually do it.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 12:49:03 AM »
You do of course realize that Weaver was ultimately acquitted of the gun charges? Not that I care either way, of course.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 06:04:16 AM »
you do realize the cash was an out of court settlement?
and i agree the case was fubar   coulda been tossed if the gov didn't drop it on their own uncle sam is funny bout not showing for court though

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 06:41:02 AM »
you do realize the cash was an out of court settlement?

Why do you think people settle?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 08:11:57 AM »
generally 2 reasons.  cost and to keep dirty laundry private.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
Why do you think people corporations and ABCs settle?

Fixed it for ya.

7-11 was a part time job.

• friends
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 09:05:25 AM »
people settle for the same reason.  why do you think weaver settled?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »
Why do you think people settle?

The real question is, if they had any case at all, why did THE GOVERNMENT, with armies of lawyers, unlimited time, and an unlimited budget, decide to settle?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

• friends
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »
see above posts for why

you don't think weaver had ambulance chasers fist fighting for his case? dead son unarmed wife shot in head while holding the baby? there was lawyer drool on the floor.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »
Now do you get it, or should I use smaller words?

Try'n keep it civil!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
I think few here believe Randy Weaver was the sort of guy they'd like to have as a neighbor (though I've had worse) - his separatist beliefs kill his popularity. Understandably, a lot of people don't want to listen to him about that, and the general media is not about to put the Weavers on a pedestal. Now, if he were an ACLU member, maybe things would be different . . .

We did have one of that sort here, Brown, the tax fraud nut who swore to kill the families of law enforcement.

Though we also have a shockingly competent marshal here who managed to capture a "you won't take me alive" sort who was constantly armed...without a shot fired and without anyone getting hurt, simply by outsmarting him.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Generally, people who are being deliberately obtuse are just doing it to entertain themselves and be a puddin' stick.

• friends
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2008, 09:33:07 AM »
Generally, people who are being deliberately obtuse are just doing it to entertain themselves and be a puddin' stick.

generally folks hate when they use a quote that works against em so well. the one about being judged by the company you keep vis a vis weaver and those nice aryan nation boys he was "helping out" with the sawed offs being a case in point

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »
Rass.

• friends
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »
i just don't seem to be able to grap the subtle shadings that make a company like hs using a letter of endorsement from a person of rank in a government agency that chose their product is bad because the guy who wrote the letter did something horrific. where as randy weaver chosing to go several times to see the boyscouts at the aryan nation and agreeing to supply them with weapons (that you gotta figure a a guy smart enough to be a green beret knew were illegal) is ok. and that he should get a mulligan on those actions

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »
goin' nowhere fast...