Author Topic: Group Buy possibility?  (Read 2600 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Group Buy possibility?
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
Anybody want to go in on a group buy for .45apc?  There's one on Gunbroker that's got my interest.

I fugure we could pass it around on some sort of schedule, so everybody gets a chance to carry it at least once a month - that would be your designated "Self Defense Day". :laugh:

stay safe.

skidmark

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128271630

Single round of .45 ACP ammunition. 45ACP 45    Auction # 128271630   

Current Bid   $1,325.00   No Reserve!      Started at   $1,250.00
Quantity   1  # of bids   3  Bid History
Time left   12 Days, 11 Hours +   
15 minute rule    Location   LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
PULASKI County 
Started   5/1/2009 11:32:10 PM ET  (This is a 14 day auction)     
Ends On or After   5/15/2009 11:32:10 PM ET  (Official Auction Time)   

Seller   SaxonPig  A+(74)     
 View the feedback of this seller  |  View seller's other auctions  |  Ask seller a question 

High bidder    p***.  A+(19) 
 Payment Methods   See Item Description
Sales Tax   Seller did not specify whether or not sales tax will be collected
Shipping   No International Shipments, See Item Description
Inspection Period / Return Policy   AS IS - No refund or exchange
Item Condition   New Old Stock

View Counter    This auction has been viewed 3224 times 

The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing. You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid. Payment must be made U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise stated in the listing. Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder). Some listed items may not be legal in every state. Click here for details on how to complete your purchase within the law.

Description for Item # 128271630   

Offered for your consideration is one round (not one case or one box but one single round) of genuine .45 ACP ammunition. This is something rarely seen (at least since November 4th) and is hard to find at any price. The round of ammo includes a real brass casing; one full metal jacket bullet weighing 230 grains; a generous amount of hard-to-obtain gunpowder; and one nearly impossible to locate primer. Yes, you read that correctly. This round of ammo actually comes fully equipped with a real primer! Just try finding one of those! Imagine the thrill of actually being able to shoot your gun for a change. You will be the talk of the neighborhood when news gets around that you actually fired your pistol with your round of ammo. You may want to keep your round of ammo as an investment as prices are sure to keep rising. Just think of the confidence you will feel when you walk around with your round of ammo in your shirt pocket (Barney Fife was 50 years ahead of his time). Every man will want to be you and every woman will want to be with you when they learn that you possess a round of ammo. Your neighbor with the van Gogh painting will die of envy when he learns that you have obtained a genuine round of ammo. Playboy models will beat a path to your door when they hear the news! This is an opportunity which may never come around again. Act now and make your bid. Don’t let this one get away! Starting price is a ridiculously low one thousand two hundred and fifty dollars with NO RESERVE! Payment by money order only. Please add $5 for insured shipping within the Continental United States (additional charge to AK and HI). Sold as is, no returns. Please include a signed affidavit swearing that you did not vote for Barack Obama or your payment will be returned and the item will be relisted. Added: I have received requests to post a photo of the primer to prove it's actually present. I have added the photo. You can also see the round of ammo appears to be a military contract round with the primer sealed in place and the headstamp date 1985.
   Pictures for Item # 128271630   

1:
2:

Place a bid for Item # 128271630   
Single round of .45 ACP ammunition. 45ACP 45

BID
Current Bid:   $1,325.00 
Bid Increment:  $25.00
Minimum Bid:  $1,350.00

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
Re: Group Buy possibility?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

:)

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:36:41 PM »
Please explain.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »
In this group buy, do we each get to hold it for a little while? 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
In this group buy, do we each get to hold it for a little while? 

Quote from: vaskidmark
I fugure we could pass it around on some sort of schedule, so everybody gets a chance to carry it at least once a month - that would be your designated "Self Defense Day".
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:37:13 PM »
That's funny.  :laugh:

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »
So what happens if someone needs to use it?  ???
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »
So what happens if someone needs to use it?

Yes, I am also curious as to the results if someone uses it.  What if physics gets attacked by a chiuahaha and has to use this .45 acp?  Does he owe me my money back?

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 02:57:39 PM »
If you have to defend yourself, you can sue the robber or whatever for the cost of ammo.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
I'm in, if I can whittle it down to 40sw when its my turn to carry.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

mejeepnut

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 06:38:42 PM »
So what happens if someone needs to use it?  ???

Then we all get to pitch in to reload it!We can all cut the heads off matches and send them to who ever fired it.Don't forget the strike anywhere white tips will be needed to rebuild the primer.Then I am sure someone can come up with a fishing weight and........

I wonder if we could then sell it as a match round for more money then a regular round?Then we could maybe buy 2 rounds next time!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:03:37 PM by mejeepnut »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
I'm in, if I can whittle it down to 40sw when its my turn to carry.

Isn't that what resizing dies are for?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »
But I don't understand why someone bid on it...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
The auction is closed.

Last bid I saw was over $50,000,000.00

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
It's relisted, per gunbrokers advice.  Auction #128429217  it's at $0.01 currently, with 1 bid.  Shipping is $8 lol. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=447529

Man, there are some serious dicks in that thread. Accusing the guy of committing fraud? Talk about showcasing your ignorance....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
Currently $2.25 - quite a drop from the $5 BILLION bid when SaxonPig and GunBroker closed the previous auction.

His description of the round is better this time than last:
This is a serious auction. Do not bid unless you intend to actually buy this item. Your bid is a binding contract and you will be expected to pay up if you are the winning bidder. Offered for sale to highest bidder is the most famous round of ammo in the world. Owning this piece of history will make you the big man on campus and guarantee joy and happiness all of your days. This round of ammo was the subject of an auction that drew attention around the world over the last weekend when a bunch of guys decided to bid it up to over five billion dollars. Of course none of them intended to pay so GB canceled the auction. I relist this infamous round of ammo now with a one cent starting price and no reserve so let the good times roll!!! C'mon, who wouldn't want to own the most famous round of ammo in the world? What a piece of Americana. Bid now before the Smithsonian Institution asks me to donate it for permanent display. This is a complete and fully functional (as far as I know since test firing it will greatly reduce its value) round of 45 ACP ammo. The headstamp is TZZ 85 and I am told this is an Israeli Military Armament product made in 1985. Whatever, it is certainly a one of a kind item that doesn't become available everyday... although I guess it is available for the next seven days... well you know what I mean. Anyway, I remind you that this is a real auction so don't bid unless it is your intention to buy this historic artifact. You will be the envy of the known world, and maybe a few unknown ones, as well when you take possession of this round of ammo. Not a case, not a box, but a single glorious round of ammo. Just imagine the price of ownership... I mean the pride of ownership... actually think about the price of ownership too as this is a real auction and if you bid I expect you to pay up. So does Gun broker. So does your Mom. You wouldn't want to disappoint Mom, would you? Of course not! She'll be so proud when she tells her friends at bingo that her son (or daughter, no sexism here) has purchased the world famous round of ammo. Father's day is just around the corner. Can you imagine the look of joy on Dad's face when you present him with the world famous round of ammo? Payment by money order only. Will ship to any of the 50 states including California as long as doing so is legal. Please add $8 for insured shipping (slightly higher to AK & HI). There is only one round of ammo and this is it. Don't let it slip away. Bid early and bid often and make it yours. Did I mention that all bids are legally binding contracts and you will be expected to pay up if you are the winning bidder? I knew I did. Sold as is where is what is when is and who is.
[Information added 05/04/2009 2:37:05 PM]
Sorry, I cannot "piece out" this item. It must be sold as unit.

stay safe.

skidmark