Author Topic: The perfect quote  (Read 668 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The perfect quote
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
http://geekwitha45.blogspot.com/

Signs of Life...

I live in what can be characterized as "contested territory", which abuts what is generally conceded to be "Blue Territory".

Imagine, my surprise, when driving through the "Blue" town, that I should see protesters, mostly middle aged, middle class folks, lining the street, waving flags and home made signs, generally coming down against government spending, Obamacare, and all the rest of the noxious brew?

Ya know, you can pretty much say that your cause is lost when you've pissed someone who looks like the town librarian off enough that she takes to the streets.

If I were the Democrats, I would be thinking very, very long and hard about the wisdom of foisting schemes onto the unwilling.

Such things have Consequences, and it would be the foundation of a tragedy for the Dems to think that there wouldn't be any.

What I would not give to be able to make certain folks understand that line.

I know it's wishful thinking, but still and all, one can dream.  *heavy sigh*

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
Re: The perfect quote
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »

Heh, heh. True dat.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.