Author Topic: You say I can get $4,500 for this? It didn't cost that much new.  (Read 1271 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iowahawk_blog/sets/72157622074736482/show/

My viewing has been totally remiss.  I had no idea the Euroweenies bent metal like that.  Maybe there is something to smelly cheese after all.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
Re: You say I can get $4,500 for this? It didn't cost that much new.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:15:18 AM »
Loved it. Still looking. Thanks dude.

[hand cranked car/] I shall never die. All I require is the occaisional sacrifice of an arm. [/hand cranked car]

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
Just heard a report that a guy traded in a late model Maserati under the Clunkers program. Story said he was tired of the car constantly breaking down.

I guess he wanted to make a point about the car's LACK of reliability, but still . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »
The news has been full of late of reports that 1) dealers are declining to take more clunkers in trade, 2) GM is giving dealers cash advances to cover the $4,500, and that Ford and some unnamed foreign marks are making short-term loans to dealers who have taken in clunkers.

The issue is that DOT.gov has still not made any payments (or very few - reports are confusing) to dealers.

As an aside, some talk radio is picking up on the lack of MSM mention of the $10 Billion being sent to Brazil to fund off-shore drilling where the Amazon empties into the ocean.  Two (a local and a nationally syndicated) are asking how come Obama is sending $10 Billion to Brazil when dealers are not getting paid, and how come he is willing to pay for Brazil to drill but still is holding back USA offshore drilling.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iowahawk_blog/sets/72157622074736482/show/

My viewing has been totally remiss.  I had no idea the Euroweenies bent metal like that.  Maybe there is something to smelly cheese after all.

stay safe.

skidmark
Man, the old Euro stuff is just amazing. 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.