Author Topic: criminal apprehended - cops are not involved  (Read 885 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
criminal apprehended - cops are not involved
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »
'Aggressive' Gator Kills Burglary Suspect
AP
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:45:55
Filed Under: Nation News
MICCOSUKEE TRIBE INDIAN RESERVATION, Fla. (Nov. 13) - A man who jumped into a lake to flee police was killed by an alligator more than 9-feet long, officials said Tuesday.

The man, whose name has not been released, was allegedly burglarizing a vehicle in the parking lot of the Miccosukee Resort and Convention Center on Thursday. He ran when police arrived at the scene, said Dexter Lehtinen, one of the tribe's police legal advisors.

Tribal police divers searched for the man that night, then again Friday morning and afternoon. During the third dive, the body was recovered. It bore alligator teeth marks on the upper torso.

The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department said the cause of death was an alligator attack.

An accomplice in the alleged burglary has been arrested. The Miccosukee tribe, which is not obligated to follow Florida's open records laws, declined to release his name. Without a name, the Miami-Dade state attorney's office was unable to comment on whether the man has been charged.

The alligator believed to be responsible for the death has been killed. A coroner was scheduled to examine the 9-foot-3 reptile Wednesday for human hair or skin, said Brian Wood, owner of All American Gator Products, which is storing the gator in a cooler for now. It will then be incinerated or buried, he said.

A sign at the lake warns people: "Danger Live Alligators." Wood said in other alligator habitats, signs also warn people not to feed the creatures.

"They become too comfortable being around humans and they equate humans to food," Wood said. "Generally if a gator sees a person, he goes the other way, he goes down, he hides. This gator was aggressive, not afraid of people."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2007-11-13 22:45:55
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

griz

• friend
Re: criminal apprehended - cops are not involved
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
That reminds me of the house burglery who was attacked by the (absent) owners dog.  He locked himself in the closet and called the cops to come recue, and arrest, him.  I'll bet when the gator caught him this guy wished he was caught by the police instead.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:58:24 AM »
why is it that I feel no remorse over this guy's demise?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:26:45 PM »
Because there's no reason to?

Maybe he was trying to make a quick gaterway.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »
That gator was doing its civic duty by taking a bite out of crime.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 06:54:14 AM »
Move it over McGruff.  We have a new mascot for crime stoppers.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 06:56:32 AM »
They shouldn't have killed the gator, should have captured it and let it live its life out at some gator zoo getting fat on steaks and chickens.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 06:21:30 PM »
POOR GATOR
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."