Author Topic: Mail ban on vape products  (Read 609 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Mail ban on vape products
« on: April 27, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
Well, that's that, I guess. Just found out a regulation was shoehorned into unrelated legislation earlier this year which effectively bans all vape-related product shipping by common carriers as of April 21st. That means anything related to vaping, including tanks and batteries, is no longer available by mail. E-juice in any form is right out, so if you're like me and can't find a satisfactory flavor locally, you're SOL.

For folks like me who use vapes to stay off cigarettes (9 years and counting) this is a straight up kick to the crotch. Of all the rightfully harmful crap available to order without any problem, they go after this?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Mail ban on vape products
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »
Batteries?!  Don't most vape devices use commodity lithium ion batteries?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:43:46 PM »
As a frequent visitor to Reason.com and a former vape guy, I assure you this has nothing to do with cessation and everything to do with elected Luddites and their most recent moral panic.  Menthol cigarettes are once again in their crosshairs.  Oddly enough even Al Sharpton's brigade are against it, though I doubt their motivation has a libertarian basis.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 07:45:36 PM »
Brad, you should be able to hop on your favorite site and still stock up. I got emails from a few today that the USPS missed the deadline to finalize the rules, so they’re still shipping until they do. Aside from hardware, go here and find a few recipes you like, then buy the ingredients, or see if any local places sell unflavored juice, and add your own in.
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/
https://www.bullcityflavors.com
Then you just have to find a nicotine supplier. I’ve always used nicotine river; but they’ve gone wholesale only. Luckily, I have enough nicotine in the freezer to make 1400 30ml bottles. If you can find anything you want at your normal sites, fasttech is still ignoring the rules and labeling packages as electronic parts. Shipping is pretty slow though.

I do know that a few of the bigger chains are trying to work something out with some boutique shipping company, so we’ll have to wait and see what happens there. I also approached management at a local chain with about 10 stores and asked if they’d consider the ffl model. Basically, if I buy something online I can have it shipped to their store. They check my ID, charge me $20 to receive it, then send me on my way. They seemed receptive.
I’m with you on the frustration though. I’ll hit 11 years of vaping in 3 weeks after a pack a day habit  for 20 years.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 10:14:19 PM »
Once OFE went out of business it took me months to find a tobacco flavor juice I like. I finally discovered Red from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. I like it even better than OFE Bold Original, and that's saying a lot. Everything else I've tried has some kind of funky flavor weirdness or just flat out stunk (both figurative and literal). I'll call LNW tomorrow and see if they're shipping in the interim. If so, I may load up and put the extra in the freezer.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 12:13:00 AM »
If they say they aren’t shipping anymore, it couldn’t hurt to ask for their recipe. If they give it up, you can make a clone at home. There are a couple companies that have done this when they discontinued a flavor. Do you only Vape tobacco flavors? I think one of the things that helped me never crave a cigarette again was the fact that I could get my nicotine with a different taste.
These guys are shipping as of this morning..
https://eciggity.com/

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 09:29:07 AM »
I think one of the things that helped me never crave a cigarette again was the fact that I could get my nicotine with a different taste.
These guys are shipping as of this morning..
https://eciggity.com/

I'm just the opposite. Non-tobacco flavors just didn't satisfy, and I was constantly craving the "hit" of a real cig. When I found a good tobacco flavor, that changed instantly. The tobacco flavor and throat hit from a relatively high (24mg) nic level was sufficient analog. Haven't wanted the real thing since. In fact, I've become hyper-sensitive to cig smoke. I can tell when the neighbor three houses down is on his back porch for a smoke.

Brad
-HankB

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 02:22:29 PM »
https://volcanoecigs.com/

These guys just sent an email that they’re still shipping too since USPS missed their deadline. I’ve bought hardware from them before. Shipping is super quick since everything is airmail from Hawaii...

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
Well dang... LNW has not only gone straight B2B, they've also discontinued their flavor lines in lieu of component products only. Now I can't get the flavor I like even if a local store carries the brand. I have to search flavors all over again, and last time was a huge disappointment.

Brad
-HankB

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 07:35:14 PM »
A friend of mine who will only vape tobacco flavors swears by this stuff.

https://www.ejuicedb.com/collections/innevape-e-liquids/products/tnt-gold-salts-by-innevape-e-liquids

What kind of device are you vaping with? Do you have a local vape shop that you could ask to carry your flavor?