Author Topic: What's up with FedEx?  (Read 747 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
What's up with FedEx?
« on: June 22, 2019, 05:14:24 PM »
On Monday I received a shipping notice (from about 100 whole miles away) that a package had been shipped to me via FedEx. I put the tracking number into the FedEx site and it said it was scheduled for delivery on the 19th -- Wednesday.

Wednesday came and went, but no package. I ran the tracking number again, and it said it would arrive on the 20th -- Thursday.

Thursday came and went, but no package. Now when I run the tracking number, FedEx just tells me that a shipping label has been created and that their system will be updated when the package begins to travel. Is FedEx going through a strike, or has their system been hacked?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: What's up with FedEx?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
No. They just suck. They really work hard at sucking.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 05:36:26 PM »
Whomever shipped it missed their pickup.  The system generated the first two emails based on scheduled pickups, put the package didn't actually ship, so now they're waiting until they have the box to estimate a delivery day.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: What's up with FedEx?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »
Whomever shipped it missed their pickup.  The system generated the first two emails based on scheduled pickups, put the package didn't actually ship, so now they're waiting until they have the box to estimate a delivery day.
Bingo

Pickup either missed or wasn't scanned in and someone hasn't noticed the random package floating around yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: What's up with FedEx?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »
Bingo

Pickup either missed or wasn't scanned in and someone hasn't noticed the random package floating around yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »
No. They just suck. They really work hard at sucking.

This. Everything I get from FedEx is messed up somehow.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
As it turns out I got elected to stay at the office Saturday waiting for a fedex express package. I went to the office at 8 and it was supposed to arrive by noon. At 9:30 the driver came into our parking lot, made a u-turn, and drove away. He didn't slow down to peer into the windows, stop to knock on the door or hang a door tag or anything. I ran after him but he was long gone. FedEx tracking said "delivery attempted, you can pick up your item as the warehouse". Delivery attempted my ass. Central office said there was no door tag number but local supervisor said he hung a door tag. I'm sure he assumed we were closed but didn't even try the door? I wonder if they have a GPS waypoint they have to hit to show they tried and that's it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:10:00 AM by zahc »
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »
Dad greatly preferred UPS because the driver was assigned to the route and came at the same time each day, about 10:30. If he needed to be there to sign for it, he knew what time to be there. FedEx could arrive at any time and frequently waited till well after he was closed to show up. If there was, for example, four packages coming in then UPS delivered them all at once while Fedex would send four separate drivers. UPS was more reliable tracking and better customer service.

My wife’s stepfather works for UPS as a customer service rep/salesman handling accounts and trying to get new clients. They have it down to a science. We use UPS primarily for stuff that isn’t shipped to us via Cat’s truck from their regional warehouse.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
I’ve never been impressed with UPS either. I’ve ordered stuff from midwayusa that ended up on a truck to New Mexico once- and that was after it got to the Chicago hub. It took about 12 days for my stuff to finally arrive.
Don’t even get me started on the issues I had when ordering C&R stuff 🤬
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 07:52:28 AM »
If FedEx and UPS ever merged they should name the company FedUP
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 08:23:35 AM »
I have to go against the flow. I've rarely had problems with either Fedex or UPS. About my only complaint these days is that I'm one of the last stops on the UPS route here, so packages usually arrive around 1800. On the bright side, packages that USPS delivers to me arrive by 0900.

I've always had way more problems with Amazon's third party shippers, which don't seem to exist in what the Idaho Statesman recently called "remote Southwest Idaho".  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »
FuckedupintheExcess is the company that, during the UPS strike in 1997 or so, threw a box onto the porch of the gunshop I worked at at the time.

The shop was closed Mondays, but my gut told me I needed to swing by, and there was the box, liberally festooned with ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED labels.

Contents?

9 handguns.

I booked them in, then spent the better part of an hour screaming at various levels of FuckedupintheExcess "management" drones.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 09:11:51 AM »
The biggest issue I had with FedEx recently was they decided the local FedEx depot needed to only do the express packages that go to the post office.  Nearly all normal packages were shipped out of a depot that is 70 miles away.  So if I miss a signature required package, it was nearly impossible to get to their depot to pick it up.  Usually all I could do was try to be home and hope they delivery it late.  One driver was able to call me I arranged to meet her in town.  They have since revised that and most packages go through the local depot.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge