Author Topic: life sux  (Read 8418 times)

taurusowner

life sux
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:32:07 PM »
just thought ud wanna know lol

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: life sux
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »

Life is.  Sux is your interpretation of a chain of events that just happen.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »
So?  Everyone has their problems.  Suck it up.

Life is what YOU make of it.

Everyone gets one life, exactly one.  Don't waste it.  

Set some goals and deadlines and make it happen.  What do you want to do, where do you want to be?  Plan, plot, scheme, then act!

Edited to add:  Furthermore, enjoy the suck.  Achieving means little without having triumphed over some obstacle.  The dizzying highs can't be realized without the abysmal lows offering contrast.

Some random blogger articulated it better then I:
What, you might ask, is the “suck”?  The suck is the hard, it’s the challenging, it’s the part of every dream that forces us to push through our own self-imposed limits and be more than we think we are capable of.

In short, it’s the part of every journey that makes us all slow down for a second and say “this sucks”.

But the “suck” is the most important part of the journey.  The “suck” is what guarantees that when we do acheive our Vision we will be worthy of it and capable of treating it with the respect that it deserves.   It is the furnace in which the sharpest swords are forged, and only the strong survive it.

If you think about it, you will easily see that we’re on to something.  Name one top-teir athlete who doesn’t have a slightly “psychotic” workout routine; or one hugely successful businessman who didn’t “pay their dues” in either the mailroom or through very difficult failures;  or a famous movie director who hasn’t spent hours learning the most mundane parts of editing, lighting, or cinematography.  The journey towards your Perfect Life will take you through places that aren’t always joyful;  but the Get Its of the world learn to extract as much as they possibly can from the difficult times so that their Perfect Life will be that much sweeter.

So when you hit the “suck”, dig in, enjoy it, take a demented pleasure in it.  It will become one of your most valuable memories when you break through and reach your Perfect Life.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:43:55 PM by Nick1911 »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »

I've never known anything except "life sux". 

A few "perfect moments" make life worth living.  They are rare and fleeting, but they're there if you search for them.  That is how it was, how it is, and how it will be.  You do the best with what you have and what you know, you keep moving forward.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:30:01 PM »
Not even I say that life sucks.  :laugh:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »
Not even I say that life sucks.  :laugh:

Heh, when I saw this thread, my first thought was "Wonder what PTK will think of this."

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:11 PM »
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
-John Maxwell

It took me a few years to figure that out. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »
What a silly thing to say...Life sux.  There are a few of us here, including myself, that have and are enduring some not so very cheerful things.  I think I could speak for all of us, that life is actually good.

When the phone rings with bad medical news, or other news that tends to grip one by the short hairs, one seems to gain a better appreciation for each day and what it brings.  Life is like a really fine, properly aged and cooked steak....very tasty, but rather limited in duration.  Enjoy each bite.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:53:20 AM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »
No no, life is GOOD, death on the other had, doth suck.
Look, tiny text!

grey54956

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:10:08 AM »
Life may suck, but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

And even though it does suck from time to time, it is interesting.  Laying around and turning to dust seems boring.
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »
As someone wiser than me once explained things to me, if life did not suck we would all go spinning off into the void of space.

Be glad life sucks.  Knowing just how badly life sucks means you can, all the better, instantly recognize the few random moments when it does not suck, and savor them all the more.

BTW, was there some particular event that brought the revalation that life sucks to your attention at this particular time?  Or was this a generalized "Life sucks" statement?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
-John Maxwell

<shudder>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
If life were simple, it'd be boring.
One day at a time.

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
-John Maxwell

It took me a few years to figure that out. 

I thought that was Charles R. Swindoll quote. Great quote who every said it.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »
I would definitely agree that attitude and how you approach things makes a huge difference.  It doesn't mean it doesn't suck sometimes, but there are always things you can enjoy each day. 

I was trying to find the Dead Milkmen song Life is Sh_t, but all I can find are bad live recordings.  Oh well. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
Not mine!

Why does it suck?  I'm guessing girl problems.

Just wait... one day you will get married to some nice girl and your girl problems will be over...

Then you'll have wife problems... much worse than girl problems.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »
... and then you die  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
life can indeed sux

but thats just the boot up your ass to make it better.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
Just think of what life thinks about you?...   =D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:05:37 PM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

taurusowner

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »
Not mine!

Why does it suck?  I'm guessing girl problems.

Just wait... one day you will get married to some nice girl and your girl problems will be over...

Then you'll have wife problems... much worse than girl problems.

On the plus side, i'll never get to the wife problems point hahaha

grey54956

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
Ah, girl problems, no?

There are many, many fish in the sea.
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Christmas sux.

Doing some early Christmas gift exchange today before travel. I got two vacuums, a shop-vac and a handheld cordless, both of which I need. Therefore, Christmas sux! Maybe I will get some pneumatic tools for my birthday next month, then winter will have gone from suck to blow.  =D

I certainly have been pained by marital problems, I even married the same great lady twice!. Do try to suck it up and move on though. Members of the opposite sex are like taxicabs, another one will be along in a few minutes.  ;)

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »
Is it life itself that sucks, or is it (some) people? More often than not, the disagreeable part is other bipeds, in my experience.