Author Topic: CIA Allegedly Sent Operatives to Pakistan Posing As Health Care Workers  (Read 1756 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Summary:  The CIA may have sent case officers to Pakistan to pose as health care workers, purporting to offer vaccinations as a cover for DNA collection:

http://reason.com/blog/2012/12/19/if-you-run-a-fake-vaccination-program-as

Supposing this is true, I agree with the author of the article that this does more harm than good.  Attacks on bona fide health care workers are already occurring, as noted in the article.  What bothers me the most is that if there was a formal declaration of war, the CIA's actions would be illegal under the Law of Armed Conflict (spec. the Fourth Geneva Conventions).
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

HankB

• friend
Re: CIA Allegedly Sent Operatives to Pakistan Posing As Health Care Workers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
Frankly, I think the CIA ought to "leak" information that they have undercover operatives worldwide posing as reporters for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, and Al Jazeera.  >:D

(Or maybe just issue a vigorous denial after a few days of "no comment."  ;)  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »
Frankly, I think the CIA ought to "leak" information that they have undercover operatives worldwide posing as reporters for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, and Al Jazeera.  >:D

(Or maybe just issue a vigorous denial after a few days of "no comment."  ;)  )

evil!!   i like it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »

What bothers me the most is that if there was a formal declaration of war, the CIA's actions would be illegal under the Law of Armed Conflict (spec. the Fourth Geneva Conventions).

HehhehehuhuhuhhehehebwahahahahaOhmygoshhehehegigglesnorthuhuhahaha

You actually think that a federal government that is not accountable to anyone cares if they break the law?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »
Obviously not, but it would eliminate the gray area that the apologists use to justify the effort.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Obviously not, but it would eliminate the gray area that the apologists use to justify the effort.

The Obama Admin has stepped way over any gray areas and crossed all kinds of lines already and noone outside of a few corners of the internet, a Representative or two, or a fringe member of the media or two has even said boo about it.

The communist revolution has already occurred in this country, its just that noone has realized it yet simply becasue there haven't been any purges.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 05:28:48 PM »
how did they get caught?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
HehhehehuhuhuhhehehebwahahahahaOhmygoshhehehegigglesnorthuhuhahaha

You actually think that a federal government that is not accountable to anyone cares if they break the law?

Much of what the CIA has done in foreign countries since its inception have been illegal .... atleast in the foreign countries in which they operate.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
Much of what the CIA has done in foreign countries since its inception have been illegal .... atleast in the foreign countries in which they operate.

Which makes those actions illegal under US law as well.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
If they were providing actual immunizations whilst doing their snooping, I have no problem with it.

Frankly, I think the CIA ought to "leak" information that they have undercover operatives worldwide posing as reporters for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, and Al Jazeera.  >:D

(Or maybe just issue a vigorous denial after a few days of "no comment."  ;)  )

Oh, yes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

Isn't spying pretty much illegal everywhere anyway?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 11:04:12 AM »
Spies Like Us   ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 11:04:16 AM »

Isn't spying pretty much illegal everywhere anyway?....
Yeah.. =|.well, that was sorta the point I was trying to make................
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero