Author Topic: Navy’s Superlaser Blasts Away a Record  (Read 7503 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Navy’s Superlaser Blasts Away a Record
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »
I took a tour on a boomer while I was in Subic. Close quarters and I wasn't all that big back then.

I often wonder today about those old fat Chiefs that barely made it through the scuttles and whether I can still make it through a scuttle now myself. I think I can, I think I can...  =|

:lol:

Oh, btw, did we ever figure out if this thing will pop popcorn for us? I'm running out.  [popcorn]
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
The boomers were/are pretty much the luxury SUV of the sub world, plenty of room.
The 688/751 class boats were also pretty roomy compared to the 2 classes I served on 594 and 637 class.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2011, 08:10:10 PM »
I took a tour on a boomer while I was in Subic. Close quarters and I wasn't all that big back then.

I often wonder today about those old fat Chiefs that barely made it through the scuttles and whether I can still make it through a scuttle now myself. I think I can, I think I can...  =|

:lol:

Oh, btw, did we ever figure out if this thing will pop popcorn for us? I'm running out.  [popcorn]

My first cruise we went to mod Zebra for the Suez transit. Chief's mess 3rd deck on a CVN. There were several that were there for the duration, scuttle not happening.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 06:25:18 AM »
We had a BTC we called "Biggie Rat" after some cartoon character because his face kind of looked like a rat's face but he was a big un besides. He'd get all "muffin topped" trying to get down through scuttles. The story was if we were ever behind him trying to get out of the engine room through the scuttle in an emergency and he got stuck we'd yank him back out of there and toss him behind us.  :laugh:

http://www.toontracker.com/totaltv/kingodie.htm
Avoid cliches like the plague!