Author Topic: Thieves. I hate 'em.  (Read 7547 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Thieves. I hate 'em.
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 10:38:14 PM »
Those are some cool ideas, but for the level of idiot that steals gas cans, I bet you could just leave a 5 gal jug of diesel there with "Gas" written on it in Sharpie and they'd dump it in their car.

Ah, the simple pleasures in life...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
lacquer(note, not thinner)

water

2-cycle oil

linseed oil

e-85

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
Antifreeze jug, a gallon of denatured alcohol, and enough fluorescein dye to make it look right.

Oil bottles full of Karo syrup.

ATF bottles full of acetone, with a little red food coloring.

If you can be sure the cops won't see it first, a counterfeit $50 bill "dropped" on the floor.  Just good enough to pass the typical idiot, but be caught immediately by anybody who handles cash all day.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »
OK, so...

How did somebody get a bobcat in a suitcase?

Hmmm?

Stuffed it in through a plot hole  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
Antifreeze jug, a gallon of denatured alcohol, and enough fluorescein dye to make it look right.

Oil bottles full of Karo syrup.

ATF bottles full of acetone, with a little red food coloring.

If you can be sure the cops won't see it first, a counterfeit $50 bill "dropped" on the floor.  Just good enough to pass the typical idiot, but be caught immediately by anybody who handles cash all day.

Average thief would roll over in seconds on where it came from.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
My dad taught me the one where we took one of mom's old purses, loaded it with fresh dog doo and left it on the shoulder of the road at night. We would hide in the house with the lights out and watch. Sooner or later someone would stop, grab the bag and take off. Not long after they would slam on the brakes and you would see the purse sail out of the car and sometomes the driver would get out and wipe his hands in the grass!

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
Average thief would roll over in seconds on where it came from.....

Average thief isn't very credible.  Admitting to burglary in a desperate attempt to beat a counterfeiting charge isn't going to help that either.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
My dad taught me the one where we took one of mom's old purses, loaded it with fresh dog doo and left it on the shoulder of the road at night. We would hide in the house with the lights out and watch. Sooner or later someone would stop, grab the bag and take off. Not long after they would slam on the brakes and you would see the purse sail out of the car and sometomes the driver would get out and wipe his hands in the grass!

<takes notes>
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton