Author Topic: SOA Question  (Read 7500 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
SOA Question
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
Watching Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy.

SAMCRO is in Ireland, and they left their leather cuts behind, wearing these black jackets with the reaper on it but no specific club affiliation.

However, at least a couple of the guys have blue stripes on the jacket, around the bicep.  Jax has 2 blue stripes around the left bicep.  Clay has 3.  Bobby doesn't have any.  Opie has 1.  Juice has 1. 

Yes, SOA is a fictitious biker club.

But, what would be the significance of a blue armband around the left bicep?  Evidently the # of stripes on it implies rank, since Clay has 3 as president and Jax has 2 as VP. 

I subconsciously associate armbands primarily with neo-nazi types, and secondarily with old world armies.  Culturally, SOA doesn't strike me as racist.  They are allied with a black biker gang, and alternate between friendship/animosity with Mexican and Chinese factions based upon economics rather than skin politics.  They went to war with some neo-nazis in season 2.

So what would such an arm-band mean?  Blue, horizontal stripe, around left bicep.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: SOA Question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
So what would such an arm-band mean?  Blue, horizontal stripe, around left bicep.

Doesn't care for chartreuse?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »

They were all out of hot pink.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »
School of the Americas has been renamed something even more innocuous.

Oh, wrong SOA.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
In my circles, "SOA" is the acronym for "spring-over-axle" -- changing the way the rear axle mounts in a leaf-sprung Jeep.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
It's a TV show. I've never seen any actual 1%ers showing "rank" in any way beyond an "officer" patch or pin...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »
The blue bands indicate resistance. Cause they resist the system, man!

http://ikalogic.com/beg_1_res_v_c.php#color_code
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife