Author Topic: Vapor?  (Read 7502 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Vapor?
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
Way back in the olden days, when I would go into "training", I have the distinction of actually making a fellow sub sailor lose his lunch.

=D
So you're saying it went over like a fart in a submarine?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130819/NEWS01/708199938#E-cigarettes-New-smoke-same-concerns

Front page article in my local paper this morning.  Some interesting comments posted, too.

A good example of why anti-smoking activists should take a long walk off a short pier.

It's better, cheaper and safer. So, ban it whenever possible and annoy the heck out of the users. I don't doubt it has some risk. As dumb as activists who want to ban oil spill clean up gear that only snags 99.99% of the oil, instead of X parts per million.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
My understanding is that "Second Hand Vapor" is merely water vapor.  And that the only person to receive nicotine (and/or other flavors) is the person actually puffing on the e-cig.

So Dr. Goldbaum can go fark himself.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
My understanding is that "Second Hand Vapor" is merely water vapor.  And that the only person to receive nicotine (and/or other flavors) is the person actually puffing on the e-cig.

So Dr. Goldbaum can go fark himself.

There are trace amounts of nicotine or other chemicals from the flavors. Minimal, and nicotine is generally not the problem with second hand smoke.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.