Author Topic: This is a new low...  (Read 17856 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: This is a new low...
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
I really didn't think they could stoop any lower. I've got to stop underestimating them.

You mean overestimating them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
Why doesn't she carry a brick or a baseball bat, just as dangerous to others as she is with her gun.  The problem is not with her carrying and not knowing how it works, but in carrying and more than likely not having the will to use it (effectively) should the need arise.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
Or having it taken from her.

Of course, she's just trying to make a point that she could get one. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 08:38:17 PM »
A thread on another site said this woman is a Brady Campaign board member.  If so, it doesn't speak well of their leadership.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
A thread on another site said this woman is a Brady Campaign board member.  If so, it doesn't speak well of their leadership.  

She admits it in the first few lines.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »

She says so right in her blog article.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
I guess I missed that.  Hard to stick with the details with reading material containing quality wisdom like that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »
She admits it in the first few lines.

Maybe he couldn't get past the "My hands are shaking, because guns!!" Gotta love how she admits to being unbalanced and flaky right off the bat.  :lol:

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 12:15:16 AM »
IIRC, all the "big hairy men with guns on their hips" were quietly sitting at Starbucks, sipping on a latte and nibbling away at that bannana-pumpkin bran muffin while gossiping about how Cletus-Ray's new holster leather brought out the red highlights in his hair (what was left of it) when she and the rest of her herd of harpies descended, screeching and caterwauling (mainly that the big hairy men were not playing their parts by getting up and making big, gory holes in the harpies).

Whoa!  I'm pretty petite for an American Male, I hate bran muffins and the only highlights in my hair are gray!  I have answered to Cletus, to the shame of my Connecticut Yankee family.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »
Hmm, their moderators must be in really short supply, I posted a comment something like six hours ago and it is still "awaiting."

Mine from yesterday is not showing at all anymore (not "Awaiting Moderation", just gone); comments from before and after are showing up from other people. Apparently she can't handle having her blatant prejudice and stupidity pointed out to her. Her blog, her rules, but... what a precious little snowflake. May she not have the tragic negligent discharge she appears to be deliberately courting.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
Mine from yesterday is not showing at all anymore (not "Awaiting Moderation", just gone); comments from before and after are showing up from other people. Apparently she can't handle having her blatant prejudice and stupidity pointed out to her. Her blog, her rules, but... what a precious little snowflake. May she not have the tragic negligent discharge she appears to be deliberately courting.

Leftists love love to have a two way discourse- so long as there isn't a dissenting opinion.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
Well if she doesn't want it anymore I know a place where she can stick it...

or the next time she's carrying and sees a cop on the side of the road, jump out of the car and wave it around...

Are there any therapists that specalize in helping people solve their idiot management issues?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
Well if she doesn't want it anymore I know a place where she can stick it...

or the next time she's carrying and sees a cop on the side of the road, jump out of the car and wave it around...

Are there any therapists that specalize in helping people solve their idiot management issues?

Department of Corrections  =|

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Hmm, their moderators must be in really short supply, I posted a comment something like six hours ago and it is still "awaiting."

Still awaiting . . .

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

“and finally be prepared to use it for protecting myself at home or in public.”

I’m sorry, I find nothing in the article that any effort to prepare herself had taken place.
Preparation includes learning. There was apparently none — intentionally.

So we have intentional ignorance on the part of a writer and pistol packer . . . .
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »
Still sitting at 41 replies.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013, 07:45:29 PM »
So, count it. Four boards have been on this. I got it from TFL, and someone there said it's also got threads at AR15.com and THR.

And only 41 comments, mostly in support with the ones against being way way on the nice side of commentary.

Methinks the author may be getting a lot more attention then she anticipated.
If only she would let the world read it all. >:D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
So, count it. Four boards have been on this. I got it from TFL, and someone there said it's also got threads at AR15.com and THR.

And only 41 comments, mostly in support with the ones against being way way on the nice side of commentary.

Methinks the author may be getting a lot more attention then she anticipated.
If only she would let the world read it all. >:D

Oh, it's all over the gun blogs too. There is definitely no shortage of attention from gunnies.

This is what SayUncle calls "Reasoned Discourse".
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2013, 10:40:32 PM »
Oh, it's all over the gun blogs too. There is definitely no shortage of attention from gunnies.

This is what SayUncle calls "Reasoned Discourse".

... I really can't wait for tomorrow, although I expect to be disappointed. It would be SO funny to find this devolved into anti having a hissy fit over all the crap she's been getting.
But maybe that just me.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »
This is what I posted on Sunday night, and is still "awaiting moderation":

So the author has no knowledge of guns, and can’t even figure out how to get training. (Hint: 99% of people would have the good sense to go back to the gun store and ask, or just use Google to search for local training. Or check with the NRA, as they are the recognized authority on the subject.)
She took her Glock to a place full of little children, having no training.
And no one was hurt. Nothing went wrong.
Got it.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
... I really can't wait for tomorrow, although I expect to be disappointed. It would be SO funny to find this devolved into anti having a hissy fit over all the crap she's been getting.
But maybe that just me.

It's because you're a misogynist. ;)
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
This was mine:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Intresting blog. Very intresting. You think by mocking those of us who take RKBA seriously you will prove a point?

You are good guy with a gun? Nope. You are an idiot with a gun verging on being a bad guy with a gun. You say you are following the law? You didn’t even know if it was loaded, much less how to clear it. You claim to understand the gun laws particular to your state but you can’t read the manual that came with that G26 on your hip? I find that hard to belive, as I find those laws are often confusing and difficult to grasp small nuances, yet a Glock manual is fairly straight forward. Since you can’t pull off reading a manual, I find it incredably hard to belive you won’t break the law eventually.

You claim to be fully embracing the concept of self protection. Is it loaded? How can you use it if it isn’t loaded? Do you even understand how to load it? What are you planning on doing if attached? Chuck it at your attackers head? If so, I would recommend something more substantial then a unloaded G26. An unloaded HK USP 9mm has more heft to it. A steal frame Smith & Wesson in .357 would be even better as a bludgon.

You know jack about gun safety and you bring a firearm home with a child in the house to prove a point? Forget your principles on the gun debat, you are just a crappy mother. Good, you are standing by your principles and proving your point. At the expense of your childs safety. Awesome.

You want to fully embrace what women like me are all about? Learn how to use that pistol on your hip. Take a class and shoot it (and I hope you enjoy the snappy recoil of 9mm off such a short barrel, because if anyone deserves to get bit by the bug of making a poor investment due to crappy planning it’s you)
 Because here is the kicker. Here’s what you are missing in your embracing our culture. We belive in self reliance, the ability to make responcible decisions for ourselves without needing a law to tell us to do so.

Better yet. Give me that G26 and forget this mockery of yours. I’ll give it a good home, shoot the hell out of it and carry it responcibly. You can go back to telling other people how to live their lives because you’re too stupid to live your own.

And them there was this little gem, as a responce to another comment:

Well, if you don’t get popped on the background check, why would the state have any reason to belive you arn’t a responcible and law abiding citizen?
 Your need to legislate good sense is not really a great advertisment of our society as a whole. In fact, it seems to be making it stupider…

My other one seems to have disappeared into the internet shadow world, but was responding to a comment about seeing someone OCing in a store and walking out, ending with "wouldn't you!?!" Which I replied that no, i'd rubberneck to see what they were carrying, and if it was something cool, stop to chat.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
someone OCing in a store and walking out, ending with "wouldn't you!?!" Which I replied that no, i'd rubberneck to see what they were carrying, and if it was something cool, stop to chat.

I get that all the time, maybe it's because of the little red triangle in the grip ????  I am always happy to spend as much time as someone wants to talk guns and OC.

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »
Here’s what you are missing in your embracing our culture. We belive in self reliance, the ability to make responcible decisions for ourselves without needing a law to tell us to do so.

Yeah. That really is the point, isn't it? They think the law should spell out everything for us, and control everything. But one carries a gun because one understands that things are not controlled, and that one may run into someone who doesn't care what the law says.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 01:34:54 AM »
I get that all the time, maybe it's because of the little red triangle in the grip ????  I am always happy to spend as much time as someone wants to talk guns and OC.

bob

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
Instapundit yesterday had several posts about the possibility that the article is a hoax and part of a perhaps not so elaborate set-up.  There were also a few fact-checks that showed the material in the article to be dubious at best.

If anybody needs an Instalanche, Glenn does.  Go over there and read.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.