Author Topic: Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs  (Read 4742 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »
Move over and let CA show you how to do gun control.

Link below based on proposals from today's legislative session. I'm seeing most everything in the link confirmed on CalGuns. I'm told the session videos are "interesting". Some of the senators did their spiel in Spanish. A police chief was quoted as saying, "Guns are not defensive weapons. Police carry them as offensive weapons."

If they go through with everything, this will be an interesting court case. In fact I almost hope they do go through with everything. I don't believe some of this stuff would even pass muster with the 9th Circuit. It could potentially open the door for a Heller-like win that would benefit the rest of the states.

Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.
        Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.
        10 round magazine limit
        ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
        100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
        Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder — Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.
        Bullet Buttons will become illegal — All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault Weapons. Felony to possess.
        All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.
        All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/list-of-proposed-california-gun-control-measures-500-round-max-no-grandfathering-no-detachable-mags-mandatory-license/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
A police chief was quoted as saying, "Guns are not defensive weapons. Police carry them as offensive weapons."

He must be talking about Chistopher Dorner . . . . . >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:29 AM »
The Democratic Caucus posted their press conference on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjkLTtJ8qE&feature=youtu.be
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:21:43 AM »
He must be talking about Chistopher Dorner . . . . . >:D

It looks like the exact quote is:

"Guns aren't defensive weapons....guns are to intimidate and harm others...our officers don't carry weapons to defend themselves or their fellow officers, they carry them to do their job"

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:29:41 AM »
It looks like the exact quote is:
"Guns aren't defensive weapons....guns are to intimidate and harm others...our officers don't carry weapons to defend themselves or their fellow officers, they carry them to do their job"

Am I to understand then that the police officers' job is to intimidate and harm others?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
Well, Obama has been calling AR's and other military guns "weapons of war" and has said that they have no place in our society, endangering our children and our law enforcement officers. Since just about every squad car now has an AR or even an M16, one has to ask what sort of war the police are waging.

They've gone absolutely nuts in CA. Every last taxpayer should leave the state.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »

Am I to understand then that the police officers' job is to intimidate and harm others?

I just found the video of the police chief who said it. Marked at just before he says it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P1fhw_OcdPM#t=364s

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
I just found the video of the police chief who said it. Marked at just before he says it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P1fhw_OcdPM#t=364s

The guy just behind him starts freaking the *expletive deleted*ck out!  Watch his eyes!  :laugh:

At least in NY our police are going on record as being against the recent shenanigans.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:40 AM »
At least the police chief is honest. How are police supposed to intimidate and show power over the citizens if the citizens are equally armed? Next thing you know the Police State dream will be over.. can't have that... people not fearing the police, showing power n' stuff pfffft.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:53 AM »
I want some assault bullets. It's damned inconvenient to actually have to get a gun and go shoot something. If I name my assault bullets and train them I ought to be able to sic them on something without leaving the couch right? Do military assault bullets flank and grenade the emplacement for you? Morons.

Yeah, it is kinda odd with all the weapons of war comments and then a rifle in every cop car. I'm patiently waiting for "weapons of war and don't belong in our streets, but it's ok in mexican streets." Or, "drones are weapons of war and don't belong in our skies." I'm patient.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:05:55 AM »
At least in NY our police are going on record as being against the recent shenanigans.

In fairness, both the police chiefs that spoke were from the San Francisco area. I saw on one of fistful's links in the "Chin Up" thread about Sheriffs that wrote letters stating they wouldn't enforce Obama's gun control, that sixteen CA Sheriffs were on board with the letter, and I expect more of them feel the same way. The dems chose their police chiefs carefully for the press conference.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:26:36 AM »
In fairness, both the police chiefs that spoke were from the San Francisco area. I saw on one of fistful's links in the "Chin Up" thread about Sheriffs that wrote letters stating they wouldn't enforce Obama's gun control, that sixteen CA Sheriffs were on board with the letter, and I expect more of them feel the same way. The dems chose their police chiefs carefully for the press conference.

Point taken.  If anyone should know not to judge a state based on its big cities, I should.
Charles Babbage

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 04:00:03 AM »
Somebody please tell me what a "bullet button" is supposed to be.  I figured out the rest, but that one still escapes me.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:59 AM »
Somebody please tell me what a "bullet button" is supposed to be.  I figured out the rest, but that one still escapes me.

I had known this, forgot it, had to google it, got to slap my head again at how stupid can Cali be. The button is a device that has nothing to do with bullets, it is a block over a mag release that prevents hand manipulation of the release, making a magazine only tool removable,  thus complying with stupid interpretations of CA law. Kinda like the hammerhead stock adapter that eliminated AR pistol grips. Write stupid laws, win stupid results.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »

Perhaps we should inquire with the two innocent bystander ladies who were recently shot by the LAPD?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »
I am so glad I left that godawful state
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
I had known this, forgot it, had to google it, got to slap my head again at how stupid can Cali be. The button is a device that has nothing to do with bullets, it is a block over a mag release that prevents hand manipulation of the release, making a magazine only tool removable,  thus complying with stupid interpretations of CA law. Kinda like the hammerhead stock adapter that eliminated AR pistol grips. Write stupid laws, win stupid results.

That and if I understand it right the button is made so that a bullet just happens to be the right tool to bush it with (in the case of pointy bullet type guns).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
Link below based on proposals from today's legislative session. I'm seeing most everything in the link confirmed on CalGuns. I'm told the session videos are "interesting". Some of the senators did their spiel in Spanish. A police chief was quoted as saying, "Guns are not defensive weapons. Police carry them as offensive weapons."

I would have done it in the original German.

"Waffen sind nicht defensive! Polizei tragen sie als Offensivwaffen!" 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »
Hollow points?

You mean like these which you have to use to hunt with in California?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »

You're just now figuring that out  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »

The above description of a bullet button is correct. According to one of the senators though, and I will have to find the video because it's almost unbelievable, the "bullet button wrench" as she calls it, turns a semi-auto into full auto. They even showed a video of a guy shooting a rifle in semi-auto, then changing out mags with the bullet button, then shooting full auto. He was using a selective fire weapon obviously, but the video trickery to fool those not familiar with firearms is pretty reprehensible.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »
I want some assault bullets. It's damned inconvenient to actually have to get a gun and go shoot something. If I name my assault bullets and train them I ought to be able to sic them on something without leaving the couch right? Do military assault bullets flank and grenade the emplacement for you? Morons.

Those are called "dumb-dumbs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRZKrvAZ7U
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
I would bet a hundred bucks that no gun fitted with a bullet button has ever been used in a violent crime.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
It's not about preventing crime.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"