Author Topic: Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs  (Read 4740 times)

dm1333

• friend
Re: Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »
Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.

This is a twofer.  Not only do you get rid of those nasty assault bullets, it also shuts down hunting.

Legal Methods of Take for Big Game:
• Rifles using centerfire cartridges with softnose or expanding projectiles, bow and arrow, or muzzleloading rifles may be used to take big game. A projectile is defined as any bullet, ball, sabot, slug, buckshot or other device which is expelled from a firearm through a barrel by force. T14-353(a).

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/

Soft nose or expanding projectiles sounds a lot like "similar assault bullets" 

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Re: Re: Hey New York - You're a Bunch of Amateurs
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
It's not about preventing crime.

Of course not but banning bullet buttons is especially egregious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Move over and let CA show you how to do gun control.

Link below based on proposals from today's legislative session. I'm seeing most everything in the link confirmed on CalGuns. I'm told the session videos are "interesting". Some of the senators did their spiel in Spanish. A police chief was quoted as saying, "Guns are not defensive weapons. Police carry them as offensive weapons."

If they go through with everything, this will be an interesting court case. In fact I almost hope they do go through with everything. I don't believe some of this stuff would even pass muster with the 9th Circuit. It could potentially open the door for a Heller-like win that would benefit the rest of the states.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/list-of-proposed-california-gun-control-measures-500-round-max-no-grandfathering-no-detachable-mags-mandatory-license/

I would hate to have my gun rights dependent on the 9CC.  This is such a flagrant example of baldfaced tyrannical lunacy.  If and when it goes to up the legal ladder, I'm wondering if MS-13 will be filing an amicus curiae brief.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
Move over and let CA show you how to do gun control.

Link below based on proposals from today's legislative session. I'm seeing most everything in the link confirmed on CalGuns. I'm told the session videos are "interesting". Some of the senators did their spiel in Spanish. A police chief was quoted as saying, "Guns are not defensive weapons. Police carry them as offensive weapons."

If they go through with everything, this will be an interesting court case. In fact I almost hope they do go through with everything. I don't believe some of this stuff would even pass muster with the 9th Circuit. It could potentially open the door for a Heller-like win that would benefit the rest of the states.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/list-of-proposed-california-gun-control-measures-500-round-max-no-grandfathering-no-detachable-mags-mandatory-license/

Ah.  Sounds as if we'll soon have a second Glock tool available, this one to drop magazines.  I guess we'll also need a K-Bar to carve Xs in our bullets...
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »
Just doing some cowboy math here...

If the level of California resident non-compliance to the earlier SB23 is anywhere near what folks think it is, could you imagine what the non-compliance figures would be for something this draconian?   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »
The non-compliance will be massive, but barring an uprising and/or Cali voting in all conservatives to the state gov the laws will accomplish generational pace gun control. Cant play with them, add to, repair, talk about, or pass to the kids unless they are on board with breaking the law. 20 years and you the banner win.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »
What Frenchie says.  What's the point of having guns if you can't use them.  Even SD use is questionable if you're going to be found out and sent to PMITA Prison.

Chris

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »
What Frenchie says.  What's the point of having guns if you can't use them.  Even SD use is questionable if you're going to be found out and sent to PMITA Prison.

Chris

The massive non-compliance by otherwise law abiding citizens in Canada is what brought down their long gun registry. Perhaps something similar could work in California or New York.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 01:27:16 AM »
Massive non compliance could work, but it has to be organized, open and public. People have to flaunt it en masse like the gay community. Hidden, individual closet non compliance just makes you a criminal if caught.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »
Massive non compliance could work, but it has to be organized, open and public. People have to flaunt it en masse like the gay community. Hidden, individual closet non compliance just makes you a criminal if caught.

Not really sure how it was done in Canada, but I kind of doubt it was that open. But it was fairly well known that something like half of the people who owned a rifle never registered it.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »

This.  We either stand together or hang separately.

Hiding guns in the back of the closet won't do us a bit of good.  We're better off fighting this before it becomes law. 

Chris

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
I would bet a hundred bucks that no gun fitted with a bullet button has ever been used in a violent crime.

you'd lose that bet
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
The non-compliance will be massive, but barring an uprising and/or Cali voting in all conservatives to the state gov the laws will accomplish generational pace gun control. Cant play with them, add to, repair, talk about, or pass to the kids unless they are on board with breaking the law. 20 years and you the banner win.

Let's be blunt about all this.  This is but one of so many awful things happening that impinge on our basic liberties, going far beyond gun rights.  Don't worry about the kids, this is all going to hit the propeller blades in the very near future.  Right now our status as free men and women is being drawn and quartered.  Such events tend to be messy.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:42 PM »
Not really sure how it was done in Canada, but I kind of doubt it was that open. But it was fairly well known that something like half of the people who owned a rifle never registered it.

My former Canadien neighbors said that everyone they knew just registered one rifle and had many others off the books.  They lived up in northern BC.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin