Author Topic: Pedophilia not a crime  (Read 2429 times)

brimic

• friends
Pedophilia not a crime
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html?_r=1&referer=http://m.facebook.com

A second misconception is that pedophilia is a choice. Recent research, while often limited to sex offenders — because of the stigma of pedophilia — suggests that the disorder may have neurological origins. Pedophilia could result from a failure in the brain to identify which environmental stimuli should provoke a sexual response. M.R.I.s of sex offenders with pedophilia show fewer of the neural pathways known as white matter in their brains. Men with pedophilia are three times more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous, a finding that strongly suggests a neurological cause. Some findings also suggest that disturbances in neurodevelopment in utero or early childhood increase the risk of pedophilia. Studies have also shown that men with pedophilia have, on average, lower scores on tests of visual-spatial ability and verbal memor

My bet is that in 20 years someone is going to be forced to 'bake the damn cake.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Pedophilia not a crime
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »

My bet is that in 20 years someone is going to be forced to 'bake the damn cake.'

I've had the same thought. The current "anything goes" sexual ethic makes consent the only virtue. We have seen that virtues can be pushed aside, or even demonized.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:43 PM »

Men with pedophilia are three times more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous, a finding that strongly suggests a neurological cause.

I fail to see how this factoid, taken by itself, strongly suggests anything beyond "left-handed men are more likely to be left-handed."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »
The left is pretty confused and inconsistent regarding human biodiversity.

Left handedness is OK as an indicator of a possible predilection or behavior but race isn't  :facepalm:

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »
The left is pretty confused and inconsistent regarding human biodiversity.

Left handedness is OK as an indicator of a possible predilection or behavior but race isn't  :facepalm:

Unless the race is white. Straight and wealthy are also fair game.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's a choice or an uncontrollable behavior due to a mental disorder. The remedy is the same: Removal from society to protect their target victims.

The only difference is that if it is uncontrollable behavior they are maybe deserving of some amount of sympathy where those who do it by choice are not deserving of sympathy.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »
I saw this in the comments
A bit of wisdom handed down by Dr. Anthony Davids (Brown University): Mental illness and criminal behavior are not mutually exclusive. There is a point at which society must say we can not tolerate this behavior.
Sympathy is all well and good, but justice must be done and the victims should always be remembered. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »
One of the comments compared it to drunk driving.  People consider alcoholism a disease or disorder.  But if a drunk driver runs over someone, it is still manslaughter.  We don't excuse the crime because they are an alcoholic.  I think some of these people want to take us down the path of excusing that guilt whether they realize it or not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:20:17 PM »
If they think that there are differences in the brains of pedophiles, we should dissect them all to find out for sure.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »

Unless the race is white. Straight and wealthy are also fair game.

I thought being straight and wealthy was a crime these days ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »
I new a guy who was a pedophile.  He had also been celibate his whole life. Much like the minister at Harvard
I posted this about him on Facebook.

The guy I knew who made sure he was never around kids.He was interesting to talk to. He was seriously religious. Catholic.  The path he took to get " safe" was fascinating. He ended up working his whole life at a monastery.  Actually several of them. And he ended up in his first one very young after confessing his predilection in the confessional. The monsignor talked to him and his parents and he was gone before he ever acted out. Different times.
I am reminded of the minister who swore in bush
 He came outs the closet as gay. But also as someone who had been celibate his whole life. Great respect for both of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I