Author Topic: More 'puter problems (wireless problems)  (Read 521 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
More 'puter problems (wireless problems)
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:03:35 AM »
This time its with my wireless network.  We have a basic setup.  Cable modem, split into a wireless router, then into the PC and 'net phone.  Laptop is an HP, about 10 months old.  Over the last two months we've had a problem with losing our network.  HP wireless ass says that there are no networks in range...even when its 2' from the router.  We've swapped out the router with no luck.  We've used a signal booster with no luck.  To get the signal back, I have to remove the wireless battery to restart it.  Its very inconsistent on why it drops the signal.  
Ideas?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
More 'puter problems (wireless problems)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:44:53 AM »
Can you be a bit more specific?

Laptop model, wireless hardware info (internal to laptop or card slot), driver versions, etc...

Are you using the Intel Pro-Set or Windows for wireless connectivity??  They could be conflicting, or maybe the internal antenna connector is loose.

Post some more info, maybe we can nail it down.....
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR