Author Topic: Parking Your Car at the Gas pump  (Read 524 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Parking Your Car at the Gas pump
« on: September 04, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
Funny (and NSFW language) article about people who pull up to a pump at a crowded station, get gas, then disappear inside the gas station/store for who knows how long instead of pulling out and parking in a regular space.

I see that a lot, and have occasionally done it myself at empty stations with lots of pumps. If there's any traffic at all though, I always move before I go inside (other than paying for gas).

https://jalopnik.com/a-reminder-do-not-park-your-car-at-the-gas-pump-you-t-1837783762
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Parking Your Car at the Gas pump
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 11:17:46 AM »
My regular filling station always has their non handicapped parking spots full. So I just pay at the pump, then go inside for coffee/beverages. Half of the parking is handicapped stalls with most being for vans.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:28 AM »
I see that a lot at Buc-cee's stations down here.  Many of them have 50 or more gas pumps and often most of them are occupied, however, I often see that quite a few have no one actively pumping gas.  They are inside getting something.  At most times, that doesn't affect anyone, but when it is busy, it sucks if you are looking for an open pump.

I have also seen people do this when someone is sitting there in line waiting to get to the pump. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »
Some years back I saw how this was dealt with by a couple of people who both went to the gas station to fill up their cars, and found an unoccupied car parked by the pump.

By apparently unspoken agreement, one parked about 2" away from the front of the unoccupied car, the other parked 2" away from the back of the unoccupied car.

Then they went inside for a while.  >:D

The owner of the original unoccupied car - which turned out to be a fairly young female - was less than pleased.   :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain