Author Topic: I'm getting scheduled...  (Read 527 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
I'm getting scheduled...
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:06:21 AM »
...for my 60,000 mile checkup. It shall involve this.

NSFW, by the way...

https://youtu.be/BBMsPNI6EZE
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: I'm getting scheduled...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:32:31 AM »
Fun times indeed!
I had my first go around 6-7 years ago. Yeah, the prep is everything and more than you hear about.
My Dr did give me a drug combination that almost made it worth it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »
BTDT once already.

I must say that both the knockout and the wakeup were damn near instantaneous... No real discomfort. No "good drugs" - sigh. A friend has suggested mixing rum with the moviprep...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 11:47:32 AM »
I just got the notice from the health insurance that I'm overduedue (get it?) for number three, on the five year plan started at 45 due to family history, though I went 6 on the last one and it has been six this time.

This may be my last one. I'm starting to do the statistical calculations on number of rammings versus chance of perforation / skill of physician (never the same one) vs time it takes polyps to turn to cancer and kill me. I'm still up for doing non-invasive alternatives.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 11:59:13 AM »
Ross Bennett's take on it, along with some sage advice on prep accessories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbFU83ZrTlQ

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 12:35:00 PM »
My first one at age 50 was a piece of cake.  With enough Versed on board, you can get through anything.  When I turned age 60, I converted to the annual FIT test instead, but I don't have a personal or family medical history that would argue more strongly for periodic colonoscopy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 01:16:32 PM »
Trendsetter, I talked the hospital into doing it as a diagnostic rather than screening so it would be covered at age 45. So now they have checked everything in my gut except where I tell them it bothers me. Got an endoscopy same time. Hernia that I told them was there. Small they say. I am sure it was when I was dehydrated, sedated, prostrated, and empty boweled. Here in the real world I have a hell of a time swallowing. Seven years until doc plays with my butt, three for the endo.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »
When I turned age 60, I converted to the annual FIT test instead, but I don't have a personal or family medical history that would argue more strongly for periodic colonoscopy.

So my understanding is that the only thing you lose doing the FIT test is that if something is indicated, like polyps, it just means you have to then do the colonoscopy anyway. Otherwise if it comes back negative you are good to go?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 08:04:20 PM »
So my understanding is that the only thing you lose doing the FIT test is that if something is indicated, like polyps, it just means you have to then do the colonoscopy anyway. Otherwise if it comes back negative you are good to go?

Yes sir, you are spot on, again with the codicil that you have no significant personal or family history for which colonoscopy would be the better first choice.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 08:46:41 PM »
Have you scheduled your exit only tattoo?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
This brings new meaning to the expression of "going the wrong way on a one way street".  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”