Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic APS meet and gunshow trip?  (Read 8840 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Mid-Atlantic APS meet and gunshow trip?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »
I doubt I'll be shopping for a gun either, but I'm going anyway just in case I find that one fantastic deal or supplies for half off.  It could happen!

Let me know if you're coming out and we'll arrange to meet you.

Chris

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
Let's get a final count of who is going. 

Sunday is the day
We meet at 9:45am (show starts at 10am) out front

More info here: http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

Cost of entry is $12, but there is a $1 coupon on the webpage above. 

If everyone has time, we can grab lunch at CheeburgerCheeburger in Sterling.  That is a fantastic burger joint.  They have great shakes as well.  Their site is http://www.cheeburger.com/home2/index.asp

Post here and let me know yay or nay.  I'll PM the folks that say they are going with my direct contact info so we can coordinate.

Chris

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 04:40:01 AM »
Eat a burger, drink a shake and drool on a gun or two for me.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »
They've raised the price AGAIN?

Holy crap, I'm sorry, but it's starting to seem pretty evident that the promoters are just getting greedy.

Yeah, it's a big show, but this is what, the fourth price increase in 3 years for them?

OK, I SHOULD be able to go, even though I think the cost of the show is getting to be a bit on the ludicrous side.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »
Yeah, it's a big show, but this is what, the fourth price increase in 3 years for them?

Not that I'm aware of.  It started at at $10 and I'm pretty sure it was $10 last time we went (bought a 3 day pass, so I could be wrong). 

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »
I'm pretty certain that C&E has had a number of price increases. Maybe their last one was before they started promoting at the Expo Center.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 10:24:12 AM »
Oh, I thought you meant specifically the show at the Expo center.

Chris

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »
have fun. and somebody give a bushmaster .50 a little hug from me.  smiley

maybe another show.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
Hmm, I need to get to this site more often.  I'm seeing a lot of the names that I used to most enjoy reading at THR but don't see over there anymore.  That, and I'm annoyed that one more friend of mine was banned for one time saying something he shouldn't have (at least they should give longstanding members a warning or two before banning them).  So, maybe my THR time should be spent here (I'm cutting down my collection to about 1/3 its current size anyway, with just a couple replacements, so I don't really need all the "which new gun" talk to tempt me anyway).

Anyhow, I've long been curious what kind of people mtnbkr and Mike Irwin were in real life.  There is also a rifle on my list that I might find at a decent gunshow  I'm going to try to make it.  The only problem is it is this weekend.  Argh, Sunday at 9:45.  I'm taking the Praxis II exam early on Monday morning (passing means I get my full certification, failing means another year at the "conditional" certification pay rate which is a LOT less).  I really should be studying pretty much all of Sunday, we'll see how confident I am that I reviewed the material enough this week before I'll know if I can blow off Sunday.  So put me down as a strong "maybe".
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »
Anyhow, I've long been curious what kind of people mtnbkr and Mike Irwin were in real life. 

If you want to get on Mike's good side, bring him some old floppy disks to burn.   grin
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »
Mike has a good side?
One day at a time.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »
Chaim! Good to see you here on the dark side. Smiley
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »
Balog, thanks for the welcome.  I've sort of always been here.  I do lurk and read occasionally (but not often), and I come over and post occasionally (see, 100 posts in what, around 3 years).  I think I will be around more often.  Noise to signal ratio at THR is too high these days, admins have banned half the people I like over one post (whether that one post is over the line or not isn't even the issue- one bad post in 3K+ posts, and years of membership should result in a deleted post, not a deleted member), topics are looser over here (we all have a lot more interests than just guns), and I see most of the names I most miss at THR over here anyway.  Yeah, I think I'll be here a bit more often.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
I haven't been over to THR in months.  Dropped in for a minute to do some research and back out.

Good to see you found your way here. 

If the wife's family plans on leaving early on Sunday morning then I'll be there.  As it stands right now I'm a 50/50 chance of making it. 

I need some 7.62 x 39 mil surp mega bad too.  The AK is screaming for some range time.   grin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »
I haven't been over to THR in months.  Dropped in for a minute to do some research and back out.

Good to see you found your way here. 

If the wife's family plans on leaving early on Sunday morning then I'll be there.  As it stands right now I'm a 50/50 chance of making it. 

I need some 7.62 x 39 mil surp mega bad too.  The AK is screaming for some range time.   grin

Take members of wife's family with you.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »
Not their cup of tea.  Though they grew up around guns and hunting they'd rather spend their time elsewhere instead of a gunshow. sad

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »
Not a bad show today.  Ammo was fairly well picked over being Sunday, but I came out with an early 1900s 4" S&W Hand Ejector in 32 Long.  Condition is excellent with good lockup, no cracks in the grip, and just a few blemishes in the nickel plating.  I've seen guns less than half it's age in much worse shape.  I also picked up some primers and powder.

*Untickifying since the show has come and gone...

Chris

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 11:29:08 AM »
My new toy: